The Student Room Group

White People's Inventions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Proud2BeEuropean
I am not a genetisist and niether are you. So I am not going to pretend to understand the single origin hypothesis.

Maybe the new human remains that are older than any found in Africa were planted there by aliens.

The Single Origin Hypothesis is based upon the notion that the modern human developed within Africa and then spread out to Europe and etc. That is the widely accepted theory regarding human migration.

You don't need to be a geneticist to understand what is written. A knowledge of A level Biology will be enough.

Mitochondrial DNA is DNA passed through the maternal line whereas the Y Chromosome is the DNA passed through the Paternal side and they largely remain intact from generation to generation.

The slight changes in these strands of DNA can be used to track human migration.
Original post by DorianGrayism
The Single Origin Hypothesis is based upon the notion that the modern human developed within Africa and then spread out to Europe and etc. That is the widely accepted theory regarding human migration.

You don't need to be a geneticist to understand what is written. A knowledge of A level Biology will be enough.

Mitochondrial DNA is DNA passed through the maternal line whereas the Y Chromosome is the DNA passed through the Paternal side and they largely remain intact from generation to generation.

The slight changes in these strands of DNA can be used to track human migration.

I am aware of the Y chromosome and how DNA is passed paternally.

How do you explain that human remains older than that found in Africa, have been found in central and eastern Asia ?
Original post by Proud2BeEuropean
I am aware of the Y chromosome and how DNA is passed paternally.

How do you explain that human remains older than that found in Africa, have been found in central and eastern Asia ?

The oldest Homo Sapien fossil has been found in Ethiopia and is 190,000 years old.

The first link that you provided showed a fossil that was 100,000 years old.

The second link was a very recent discovery and therefore, it would inappropriate to comment. There have already been objections raised to it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by NigerianStudent
They are all white and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Whites do not agree on everything, but what most do agree on they repeat so many times through film, television, schoolbooks, universities, the news, the Wikipedia, etc that it no longer seems like a mere point of view but a mere fact.

How can you judge who is the best poet ?

Thus you hear their own point of view so much and barely hear that of others, that you do not even see your point of view as just that, a point of view. You do not see how limited it is. You do not see how it is shaped by your race.

This is white racist thinking in it's essence, that's black peoples history is not universal enough and would bore people but whites is universal enough. This essentially signifies the way in which eurocentric thinking has supplanted your rational thought. Your argument assumes that white peoples perspectives and history are sufficiently broad to stand in as the generic "human" experience, while persons of color have experiences which are only theirs, and from which whites can learn nothing.

First you were the one saying that Shakespear was the best poet, I just presented you the fact that people from not anglo-saxon culture can think otherwise.

You don't get my point. People tend to prefer people of their own country as they tend to have more impact on them. So if you ask those question to country with white majority, people will be white ...

I provided you a list of non-white people perceived has great man or man who contributed to humanity. They are recognized in the west as so.

And of course we have cultural bias, it was my point, it's no shaped by our race it's shaped by our culture. If you want to hear on media about African writer or poet go to Africa. Can't you understand what I'm telling you ?

Our perception of the world is shaped by our culture.
What we perceive as important is shaped by our culture.

You should start to travel and go to other country, you will understand what I'm talking about. Your living in a western country, what do you expect them to teach you about ? Western media talk to western people about western people subject of importance and so on. We are Eurocentric as Chinese are cinocentric or Japanese hiponcentric... Would you expect Chinese tv to talk about black people achievement all day long ? I don't think so. Why our tv should ?

White people through history have always been interested by other "race". They discovered America while looking for China and India. Napoléon read Sun Tzu. European imported porcelain technology from China. European has spend century looking with interest towards the East.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orientalism

There is also plenty of movie about Egypt, Middle East, China, Japan etc.
Reply 224
No, you are wrong.

It is largely agreed upon that people came out of Africa. The Human migration patterns from Africa has largely been corroborated using Genetic evidence.

This is right, although it appears european and asian populations have picked up 1-4% of their ancestry from neanderthal groups. Also, some paleoanthropologists observed a continuity between the skulls of Australian Aborigines and some Southeast Asian erectine populations. And just before Christmas is was found that 5% of the Melanesian genome is of Denisovan (another archaic human ancestor) origin.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/12/the-paradigm-is-dead-long-live-the-paradigm/

Another thing to remember is that genetic changes have accelerated with the shift to agriculture and with increasing population density. Selection in this environment increased the frequency of certain traits in some populations giving them an advantage in modern economic environments.

In my recent book, A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World I argue two things. First that all societies remained in a state I label the “Malthusian economy” up until the onset of the Industrial Revolution around 1800. In that state crucially the economic laws governing all human societies before 1800 were those that govern all animal societies. Second that was thus subject to natural selection throughout the Malthusian era, even after the arrival of settled agrarian societies with the Neolithic Revolution.

The Darwinian struggle that shaped human nature did not end with the Neolithic Revolution but continued right up until the Industrial Revolution. But the arrival of settled agriculture and stable property rights set natural selection on a very different course. It created an accelerated period of evolution, rewarding with reproductive success a new repertoire of human behaviors patience, self-control, passivity, and hard work which consequently spread widely.

And we see in England, from at least 1250, that the kind of people who succeeded in the economic system who accumulated assets, got skills, got literacy increased their representation in each generation. Through the long agrarian passage leading up to the Industrial Revolution man was becoming biologically more adapted to the modern economic world. Modern people are thus in part a creation of the market economies that emerged with the Neolithic Revolution. Just as people shaped economies, the pre-industrial economy shaped people. This has left the people of long settled agrarian societies substantially different now from our hunter gatherer ancestors, in terms of culture, and likely also in terms of biology.

http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2010/07/social-darwinism-21st-century-edition.html
Original post by Chi019
This is right, although it appears european and asian populations have picked up 1-4% of their ancestry from neanderthal groups. Also, some paleoanthropologists observed a continuity between the skulls of Australian Aborigines and some Southeast Asian erectine populations. And just before Christmas is was found that 5% of the Melanesian genome is of Denisovan (another archaic human ancestor) origin.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/12/the-paradigm-is-dead-long-live-the-paradigm/

I should have gone further into the nuances of the Single Origin Theory but since the user did not even know what the theory was, then there would be little point.

Actually another user made a virtually identical post to yours earlier in the thread regarding the Neanderthal and the Denisovans. Though, he went further to point out the possible contribution of Neanderthal genes to the development of the Modern Human Brain in Europeans and Asians. Though, in my mind that does bring up the question, about why the Neanderthals did not benefit as greatly from it.

Original post by Chi019

Another thing to remember is that genetic changes have accelerated with the shift to agriculture and with increasing population density. Selection in this environment increased the frequency of certain traits in some populations giving them an advantage in modern economic environments.

I agree to an extent. The problem is that there is only a summary and I am disinclined to agree with broad brush strokes regarding history.

Though, that is obviously inevitable in a summary and I am sure his arguments are more refined in his book.
Reply 226
I should have gone further into the nuances of the Single Origin Theory but since the user did not even know what the theory was, then there would be little point.

Actually another user made a virtually identical post to yours earlier in the thread regarding the Neanderthal and the Denisovans. Though, he went further to point out the possible contribution of Neanderthal genes to the development of the Modern Human Brain in Europeans and Asians. Though, in my mind that does bring up the question, about why the Neanderthals did not benefit as greatly from it.

Yeah, the possible impact of neanderthal admixture was discussed by Gregory Cochran & Henry Harpending in 'The 10,000 Year Explosion'. I think Cochran has written elsewhere he thinks there are likely to have been some benefits from the introgression, although the evidence isn't that clear at this stage.

They also cover similar ground to Clark in their chapter on agriculture.

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=IaflsA4MyFQC&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+10,000+year+explosion&source=bl&ots=un1o7ya_A5&sig=WAmkLleVEMUFb0OQml63AS3fMaE&hl=en&ei=AaQyTaRrjoKxA8Lc_LQF&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CE4Q6AEwBw#v=onepage&q&f=false

I haven't read Clark's book, but have read a few papers from his faculty page. The book, or parts of it, are now available on google books.
Original post by LysFromParis
First you were the one saying that Shakespear was the best poet, I just presented you the fact that people from not anglo-saxon culture can think otherwise.

I did not say Shakespere was the best poet. What I did say is that in a world of racism, what white people say is often taken as fact, so if they say Shakespeare is the best then he will be seen as the best. This is why advertisers spend millions on adverts because they work. An Armani or Versace suit is not necessarily better than any other suit but that’s not point if you can convince people that it is, that’s all that matters.

It’s not what is true. It’s what you can convince people is true and because white people have a louder stereo than anyone, as they own pretty much all of the major talking machines in the world, it’s a lot more easier for whites to convince that there reality is THE reality, that there history is THE history, that there beauty is THE beauty, that there way of testing intelligence is THE way to test intelligence (IQ tests)

You don't get my point. People tend to prefer people of their own country as they tend to have more impact on them. So if you ask those question to country with white majority, people will be white.

I do get your point but you don't get mine. Why is Einstein seen as the most intelligent man to people who are not from Germany ? Why is his name associated with intelligence ? Why is he world wide known ? He wasn’t the only physicist ever to walk the earth. I could go and on. If whites say something is a problem, it is, and if whites insist it isn't, then it isn't. If whites say someone or thing is important they are. This is how it works. It does not matter what the country is. It does not matter what system you are under. Go to Africa, Asian, America and they will have all heard of the people who white people claim are great. Mozart, Bach, Columbus etc so this is not a country thing. White folks contributions have NEVER been ignored. Never been diminished or over looked, it does not matter what country you are in.

White people through history have always been interested by other "race". They discovered America while looking for China and India. Napoléon read Sun Tzu. European imported porcelain technology from China. European has spend century looking with interest towards the East.

Oh yeah, great…..White man's burden ? Eh ? Whites came up with this idea that the west is actually saving everybody. They come into your house, kill, steal and convert your beliefs and claim that they are trying to civilize you.

Whites destroyed the civilizations of the Aztecs, Incas and West Africans.
They robbed Africa of its riches and made its people into slaves.
They wiped out the people of North America and Australia and took their land.
By 1900 they ruled most of the world, robbing it of its wealth and freedom.
They turned on each other in two world wars, killing tens of millions.
They undermine democracies in other countries and keep bad men in power when it suits them.
They discriminate against everyone who is not white.
They spent $2.3 trillion on Africa over the past 50 years and yet over a million die of malaria every year as if it were some strange, incurable disease.

Despite all that they still think they are better than everyone else, that they are a force for good, that they are well-meaning, and that your so smart and intelligent. You couldn't make it up. Power corrupts. As I said before when you control most of the talking machines in the world you can believe whatever you wants about its motives with no one to tell them otherwise who will widely be believed.

Then you say “White people discovered America while looking for China and India

Who told you that white people ? So of course, it must be true. Even though they didn’t or there is a strong argument that they didn’t, black Africans did

In fact Ivan Van Sertima wrote a book called “They Came Before Columbus”

http://www.amazon.com/They-Came-Before-Columbus-Presence/dp/0394402456

Your intelligence is limited only to what the people who you respect have told you and the people who have told you have let their racial bias affect their writing of history

There is also plenty of movie about Egypt, Middle East, China, Japan etc.

Oh please. Name one good movie, documentary about Africa ? And by the way to many whites ancient Egypt does not count as an African civilization because Egypt is not truly African, hence whites try to debate the skin colour of Egyptians and claim they are not white, but it’s the media portrayal of sub Sarahran Africa where it gets messy. The images you see of Africa is they look alike: dark brown skin, flat noses, big lips and woolly hair. The women are fat, but that is how their men like them. They wear colorful clothes or almost nothing at all and love to play the drums and dance. They live in jungle clearings in little round huts.

They speak in some mumbo-jumbo that is not even a proper language. They have lack of civilization : Africa was a dark continent full of naked savages. They put bones through their noses and cooked people in big pots. Whites brought civilization, but unfortunately it has been falling to pieces ever since they left in the 1960s. They have lack of intelligence, this is where whites will point to tests show that black Africans have an average IQ of 70, which, sadly, proves they are not terribly bright as they suspected all along. So Africa will forever be screwed up unless outsiders step in to run things properly. They have savage rule.

Look at Mugabe !! and plus we have Bono, Geldof and Nice White Ladies who try to help Africa in spite of itself. War is ever-present wherever you go. The slave trade: carried on by blacks and Arabs for thousands of years, long before whites showed up. They are still at it! Most people in Africa are dying from Aids, proof they lack any kind of morals. Millions die of malaria, also incurable. This pretty much covers the media and movie imagery of Africa and if that what they have got, then you can have it.

As for China and Japan ?

Well first off. Remember.

BLACK PEOPLE SCARE WHITE PEOPLE. ASIANS DON'T

Because of this many white people see Asians as

WHITES IN TRANING

Asians are portrayed as doing well in school, not causing trouble. Although it might seem like a good thing, I would imagine many Asians hate being seen that way. Because it is not true. Because Asians are just people, not some strange stereotype cooked up in the minds of white people.

So sure, whites will say Asians are intelligent, and point to their IQ scores but then whites will say “Asians may have higher IQs, but whites are more inventive” and they will still typecast Asian males as nerdy and effeminate and their women as submissive and at the mercy of white western males. So that’s their way to sort of get around the Asian IQ roadblock

My point all the stereotypes of blacks and Asian only serve and maintain white supremacist ideology and I’ve long realised that often whites play up to Asians as the opposite of blacks, So they can tell themselves they are not racist while keeping their racist views about blacks untouched.
Just so we're clear, here's a list

So who invented what?

White folks: Telephone, Aircraft, Cars, Computers (most technological advances), Fascism & Slavery

Indians (my lot): The number 0, language, religion, most pharmaceutical drugs, the cooking oven & bread

Arabs - Numbers, Maths, then they sat back for a while...sand...sand...sand saBOOOMM BARE OILl

Black people - Democracy, Curry...(yes black people invented curry, not indians)......and MONSTER SIZE CONDOMSSSS

So now we're clear....can we close this sh!tty thread!!! :biggrin:
I did not say Shakespere was the best poet. What I did say is that in a world of racism, what white people say is often taken as fact, so if they say Shakespeare is the best then he will be seen as the best. This is why advertisers spend millions on adverts because they work. An Armani or Versace suit is not necessarily better than any other suit but that’s not point if you can convince people that it is, that’s all that matters.

It’s not what is true. It’s what you can convince people is true and because white people have a louder stereo than anyone, as they own pretty much all of the major talking machines in the world, it’s a lot more easier for whites to convince that there reality is THE reality, that there history is THE history, that there beauty is THE beauty, that there way of testing intelligence is THE way to test intelligence (IQ tests)

I do get your point but you don't get mine. Why is Einstein seen as the most intelligent man to people who are not from Germany ? Why is his name associated with intelligence ? Why is he world wide known ? He wasn’t the only physicist ever to walk the earth. I could go and on. If whites say something is a problem, it is, and if whites insist it isn't, then it isn't. If whites say someone or thing is important they are. This is how it works. It does not matter what the country is. It does not matter what system you are under. Go to Africa, Asian, America and they will have all heard of the people who white people claim are great. Mozart, Bach, Columbus etc so this is not a country thing. White folks contributions have NEVER been ignored. Never been diminished or over looked, it does not matter what country you are in.

Oh yeah, great…..White man's burden ? Eh ? Whites came up with this idea that the west is actually saving everybody. They come into your house, kill, steal and convert your beliefs and claim that they are trying to civilize you.

Whites destroyed the civilizations of the Aztecs, Incas and West Africans.
They robbed Africa of its riches and made its people into slaves.
They wiped out the people of North America and Australia and took their land.
By 1900 they ruled most of the world, robbing it of its wealth and freedom.
They turned on each other in two world wars, killing tens of millions.
They undermine democracies in other countries and keep bad men in power when it suits them.
They discriminate against everyone who is not white.
They spent $2.3 trillion on Africa over the past 50 years and yet over a million die of malaria every year as if it were some strange, incurable disease.

Despite all that they still think they are better than everyone else, that they are a force for good, that they are well-meaning, and that your so smart and intelligent. You couldn't make it up. Power corrupts. As I said before when you control most of the talking machines in the world you can believe whatever you wants about its motives with no one to tell them otherwise who will widely be believed.

Then you say “White people discovered America while looking for China and India

Who told you that white people ? So of course, it must be true. Even though they didn’t or there is a strong argument that they didn’t, black Africans did

In fact Ivan Van Sertima wrote a book called “They Came Before Columbus”

http://www.amazon.com/They-Came-Before-Columbus-Presence/dp/0394402456

Your intelligence is limited only to what the people who you respect have told you and the people who have told you have let their racial bias affect their writing of history

Oh please. Name one good movie, documentary about Africa ? And by the way to many whites ancient Egypt does not count as an African civilization because Egypt is not truly African, hence whites try to debate the skin colour of Egyptians and claim they are not white, but it’s the media portrayal of sub Sarahran Africa where it gets messy. The images you see of Africa is they look alike: dark brown skin, flat noses, big lips and woolly hair. The women are fat, but that is how their men like them. They wear colorful clothes or almost nothing at all and love to play the drums and dance. They live in jungle clearings in little round huts.

They speak in some mumbo-jumbo that is not even a proper language. They have lack of civilization : Africa was a dark continent full of naked savages. They put bones through their noses and cooked people in big pots. Whites brought civilization, but unfortunately it has been falling to pieces ever since they left in the 1960s. They have lack of intelligence, this is where whites will point to tests show that black Africans have an average IQ of 70, which, sadly, proves they are not terribly bright as they suspected all along. So Africa will forever be screwed up unless outsiders step in to run things properly. They have savage rule.

Look at Mugabe !! and plus we have Bono, Geldof and Nice White Ladies who try to help Africa in spite of itself. War is ever-present wherever you go. The slave trade: carried on by blacks and Arabs for thousands of years, long before whites showed up. They are still at it! Most people in Africa are dying from Aids, proof they lack any kind of morals. Millions die of malaria, also incurable. This pretty much covers the media and movie imagery of Africa and if that what they have got, then you can have it.

As for China and Japan ?

Well first off. Remember.

BLACK PEOPLE SCARE WHITE PEOPLE. ASIANS DON'T

Because of this many white people see Asians as

WHITES IN TRANING

Asians are portrayed as doing well in school, not causing trouble. Although it might seem like a good thing, I would imagine many Asians hate being seen that way. Because it is not true. Because Asians are just people, not some strange stereotype cooked up in the minds of white people.

So sure, whites will say Asians are intelligent, and point to their IQ scores but then whites will say “Asians may have higher IQs, but whites are more inventive” and they will still typecast Asian males as nerdy and effeminate and their women as submissive and at the mercy of white western males. So that’s their way to sort of get around the Asian IQ roadblock

My point all the stereotypes of blacks and Asian only serve and maintain white supremacist ideology and I’ve long realised that often whites play up to Asians as the opposite of blacks, So they can tell themselves they are not racist while keeping their racist views about blacks untouched.

You are very stubborn.

I don't know if can't express myself clearly as I'm not native speaker or if you really try your best to not understand.

He did not come to your mind that indeed Einstein was a real genius ? Is Genghis Khan famous thank to the Mongolian media ? No, just because he's one the greatest "conqueror". A lot of non-white are recognized as great man, and they are world wild without any objection.

Andalucia under Arab reign was recognized of one of the most sciency and tolerant place in the world at that time.
China was for centuries richer and stronger than any other Empire, Napoléon (a white man, leader of one of the greatest western Empire acknowledge it)
China, Japan, India, Persia have amazing culture, arts, books, philosphy comparable to those of the west and I never see someone denying it.

For the stuff of America.... It was obviously discovered by some people before as it was inhabited by human being. The point was European discovered it (as they found it existed at they did not know before), because they wanted direct access to China and India. Not to conquer them, to trade and also by simple interest. It happened that America was in their way.

No your problem about Africa. In fact your problem is not that white people don't recognize foreign achievement, because they do. I given you fact about it, provided you with name. Your problem is that they don't give Africa the attention YOU think Africa deserve. Why should they ? For centuries European has been interested by eastern culture and still be. They have recognized their influence, reads their book, learn science and medicine from those culture, adopted some of their technology etc.

After that you start to be insulting towards Asian because unknown reason. There were always great Asian empire, with great achievement etc.

You're racist and paranoid. You're head is sick of your racial view of the world which does not exist.

I didn't want to be rude but you're being so : "Yeah no one give a sh*t about Nigeria, because there is probably nothing to give a sh*t about". Japan, China, India, Persia, Egypt, Mongolia, Aztec, Inca etc. are recognized for their achievement because there is something interesting there.

One question : why should we be scared of black people ? If we must be scared about something it must be Chinese or Middle Eastern.

Stop to be such a racist and try to open your mind to other people point of view. If you think we should pay more attention to Nigerian great achievement start by being polite and not be agressive towards us and actually talk about it. I humbly admit I know barely nothing about Nigeria, and it does not seem to be the most interesting place in the world. You can deny it and I would be happy to be proven wrong, it would be way more constructive than saying over and over the same thing. And don't start about we don't know about Nigerian history because of the white blabla... you are Nigerian so you can tell us about it.

Good movie about Africa :
THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND
CRY FREETOWN
TSOTSI
HOTEL RWANDA
etc..

I must admit there is no a lot of good movie picturing Africa in a good way, maybe white man are not the only one to blame, maybe there is not just a lot of good thing to talk about.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 230
FGS, I'm so fed up of all these race threads. They just bash white people and people are too scared to say anything, and if they do they're "racist" and negged for it. There are also other threads bashing black people, middle eastern people and asian people - just because people don't want to be politically correct, it doesn't mean you can start being completely ignorant and start saying whatever offensive thing you like.
These days we are taught that everyone is equal, we may not be as good as other races at some things, but are miles better at others.

These threads are offensive and pointless. Get over it. You aren't going to prove on a probably white majority forum that black people are better than white people.
Reply 231

Egyptians are Caucasian not black, some are but these are usually Sudanese origin, I am a Lebanese Arab been to Egypt.
The other day I was researching why black people never had any civilization whereas nearly every other race/ethinicity did, and it came down to lack of food, for a person cannot think about inventing before meeting their basic needs, which is hard in Africa.
Your racist.
Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

1) White People’s Invention And Creations 2) Race and IQ

First off I always find funny that when I point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that Africans and Arabs did it too.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY MATTERS

But when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY DOES NOT MATTER

Indeed white people’s inventions And creations and Race and IQ are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

White people will talk about there inventions for 3 reason

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (I have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the TV in the first place.

What is wrong with this argument:

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the Chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions : Gunpowder, The Compass, Paper and the Printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of Chinese and Egyptian ones.The Egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study Math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However I will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and American power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto Race and IQ next.

Aren't you trying to get into angry debates on purpose?
You are very stubborn.

I don't know if can't express myself clearly as I'm not native speaker or if you really try your best to not understand.

He did not come to your mind that indeed Einstein was a real genius ? Is Genghis Khan famous thank to the Mongolian media ? No, just because he's one the greatest "conqueror". A lot of non-white are recognized as great man, and they are world wild without any objection.

Andalucia under Arab reign was recognized of one of the most sciency and tolerant place in the world at that time.
China was for centuries richer and stronger than any other Empire, Napoléon (a white man, leader of one of the greatest western Empire acknowledge it)
China, Japan, India, Persia have amazing culture, arts, books, philosphy comparable to those of the west and I never see someone denying it.

For the stuff of America.... It was obviously discovered by some people before as it was inhabited by human being. The point was European discovered it (as they found it existed at they did not know before), because they wanted direct access to China and India. Not to conquer them, to trade and also by simple interest. It happened that America was in their way.

No your problem about Africa. In fact your problem is not that white people don't recognize foreign achievement, because they do. I given you fact about it, provided you with name. Your problem is that they don't give Africa the attention YOU think Africa deserve. Why should they ? For centuries European has been interested by eastern culture and still be. They have recognized their influence, reads their book, learn science and medicine from those culture, adopted some of their technology etc.

After that you start to be insulting towards Asian because unknown reason. There were always great Asian empire, with great achievement etc.

You're racist and paranoid. You're head is sick of your racial view of the world which does not exist.

I didn't want to be rude but you're being so : "Yeah no one give a sh*t about Nigeria, because there is probably nothing to give a sh*t about". Japan, China, India, Persia, Egypt, Mongolia, Aztec, Inca etc. are recognized for their achievement because there is something interesting there.

One question : why should we be scared of black people ? If we must be scared about something it must be Chinese or Middle Eastern.

Stop to be such a racist and try to open your mind to other people point of view. If you think we should pay more attention to Nigerian great achievement start by being polite and not be agressive towards us and actually talk about it. I humbly admit I know barely nothing about Nigeria, and it does not seem to be the most interesting place in the world. You can deny it and I would be happy to be proven wrong, it would be way more constructive than saying over and over the same thing. And don't start about we don't know about Nigerian history because of the white blabla... you are Nigerian so you can tell us about it.

Good movie about Africa :
THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND
CRY FREETOWN
TSOTSI
HOTEL RWANDA
etc..

I must admit there is no a lot of good movie picturing Africa in a good way, maybe white man are not the only one to blame, maybe there is not just a lot of good thing to talk about.

I’m not going to turn this into a last person talking contest, where you out-talk everyone. The point with you IS NOT to deepen your understanding or seek the truth or learn from others, but to make it into an argument that you “win”. If you can win on debating points, wonderful, but if all else fails you can always “win” by being the last person talking. I have stated my points and it's pointless responding to your points, when I would only be repeating the points that I have already made.

And now you are starting to show your own racism by claiming that I am being aggresive

If you think we should pay more attention to Nigerian great achievement start by being polite and not be agressive

This is common tactic white people use on issues of race, try telling someone you are not aggressive, that puts them in control of the now-derailed argument.

If I stepped on your foot. You might be aggresive. But then for me to say stuff like this:

“I’d admit I stepped on your foot if you said it nicer” would be stupid.

Clearly, you are labouring under a misperception that you have far more right to my time than I do. If you are interested in African history (Which your not) then there are resources out there.

It seems to me, since posting on TSR that that white people have like a dead zone in the brain when it comes to racism. Like an underdeveloped area of the brain because no-one can be this clueless.
Original post by Glowy Amoeba
Aren't you trying to get into angry debates on purpose?

White anger is normalized. There are angry white people all over TSR who say way more outrageous things than I do but white people often forgive their own friends or family members for saying things in anger that they wouldn't say otherwise.

White people often insist discussions on race be conducted in their way but Nelson Mandela once said "You can't put a man on a hot stove and then get mad at what he says" I agree.
Reply 235
Haters need to hate, haters need to love
Reply 236
Original post by viksta1000
Just so we're clear, here's a list

So who invented what?

White folks: Telephone, Aircraft, Cars, Computers (most technological advances), Fascism & Slavery

Indians (my lot): The number 0, language, religion, most pharmaceutical drugs, the cooking oven & bread

Arabs - Numbers, Maths, then they sat back for a while...sand...sand...sand saBOOOMM BARE OILl

Black people - Democracy, Curry...(yes black people invented curry, not indians)......and MONSTER SIZE CONDOMSSSS

So now we're clear....can we close this sh!tty thread!!! :biggrin:

is 0 a number? :colone:
Original post by amsie/
is 0 a number? :colone:

let's just pretend it is to keep the indians happy :biggrin:
White anger is normalized. There are angry white people all over TSR who say way more outrageous things than I do but white people often forgive their own friends or family members for saying things in anger that they wouldn't say otherwise.

White people often insist discussions on race be conducted in their way but Nelson Mandela once said "You can't put a man on a hot stove and then get mad at what he says" I agree.

I understand how you feel but it just seems to me you're doing a lot of generalizing. I've heard some bigoted and ignorant statements from people of all colors. Usually with education and good general knowledge the fear of those different from us gradually disappears and it gets harder and harder to feel contempt towards others. So if we all had access to knowledge and a desire to learn, there would be a lot less tension.
White people and their culture aren't the problem, it's ignorance and lack of information that are.
Reply 239
Usually any time I get into a debate with a white person and they see I am getting the better of the debate they will usually pull out two things

1) White People’s Invention And Creations 2) Race and IQ

First off I always find funny that when I point out the bad that whites have done, whites are quick to point out how other people have done it too. Like with the slave trade they quickly point out that Africans and Arabs did it too.

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY MATTERS

But when it comes to the good things, like inventions, white people act like they are the only ones then

HISTORICAL CONTEXT SUDDENLY DOES NOT MATTER

Indeed white people’s inventions And creations and Race and IQ are usually the two main arguments that whites will use to prove how they are the most progressive and advanced of all the races.

White people will talk about there inventions for 3 reason

1. To show that whites are the best regardless of how much racism they have have practised.
2. To change the subject. It is a great way to derail any argument about white racism: blacks hate this argument and will jump on it, quickly forgetting whatever they were talking about before. (I have done this myself)
3. To point out that x would not even be possible without white people. For example, when arguing about how racist a programme is, whites will sometimes try to end the argument by pointing out that it was whites who invented the TV in the first place.

What is wrong with this argument:

If inventions “prove” one part of mankind is better than all the rest, then the Chinese and black people have a way better claim than whites. White people would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions : Gunpowder, The Compass, Paper and the Printing press. Whites rise to world power was built on these.

In fact, before 1500 there were very few white inventions but plenty of Chinese and Egyptian ones.The Egyptians invented civilization itself along with stuff like writing, calendars, irrigation, mining, first to study Math, first to build modern cities and so on.

However I will not deny whites there inventions and a lot of the inventions of the past few hundred years were made by white people. But that is only because they have been on top in that time. If it’s because white ppl are born with more intelligent, then white people would have been on top all throughout history not just a fifth of it. British and American power is fresh in our thoughts, but it’s just the latest chapter in the book of history.

Onto Race and IQ next.

SPOT on my brother, the majority on tsr and white therefore you are getting neg rep, but non-whites know you are right, whites will always deny racism

Quick Reply

Latest