You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today! Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    this thread is well worth my negative rating.

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully I haven't...

ReputationRep:
    You almost made me waste what i had left on this

ReputationRep:
    You need to be selective in who you rep, not just anyone- pick people who need rep and positively rep them and neg rep the ones that need to be taken down a peg- but make sure you stick to your rating standards.

ReputationRep:
    Get a sub if it's that important. It doubles the amount of posts you can rate...

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, what the dickens, barbecue????????:eek:

(Original post by The Stig)
      Get a sub if it's that important. It doubles the amount of posts you can rate...
      This.

(Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
      But seriously, they should increase the number of posts you can rep per day.
      Besides, saying your username in the back room shoutbox has an interesting effect

ReputationRep:
      I don't like how I can't rep the same person too often. I think it would be cool to be able to change how many rep points you can give a post, between one and all five. People take rep on here far too seriously, so being able to neg them for innocuous posts I imagine will keep them awake at night.

ReputationRep:
      When you think of repping someone have a look have they really made you happy?

ReputationRep:
      Subscribing will allow you to rate double the amount of posts, so if you are that eager you could go down that route :yes: 5 for non-subs and 10 for subs is quite a lot but as things progress with 3.8 it might be decided that it isn't enough (or even the opposite) so it may end up changing in the future :p:

ReputationRep:
      How does the rep allocation system work? Sometimes it tells me I've used up all my points for the day, but roughly an hour later I can rate another post

(Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
        How does the rep allocation system work? Sometimes it tells me I've used up all my points for the day, but roughly an hour later I can rate another post
        Each rep that you dish out has its own 'expiry date' - 24 hours. An example: if you give out 4 reps at 1pm and the last rep at 2 pm. You will not be able to rep until 1pm the next day. At 1pm (next day), you can rep 4 times before you meet the limit again. At 2pm, you get another rep (essentially the limit from yesterday expiring).

Hope that makes sense. :emo:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
        Each rep that you dish out has its own 'expiry date' - 24 hours. If you give out 4 reps at 1pm and the last rep at 2 pm. You will not be able to rep until 1pm the next day. At 1pm, you can rep 4 times before you meet the limit again. At 2pm, you get another rep.

Hope that makes sense. :emo:
        Yeah it does, I thought it was a batch giveaway. cheers :nt:

(Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
          Yeah it does, I thought it was a batch giveaway. cheers :nt:

Hopefully admins will make some sort of record widget of how many you have remaining, when the next limit 'expires' (all we can do right now is have a glance at the Given Reputation widget and look through the times).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.