Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving test tomorow in edinburgh Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey i've been looking on this the past week to see what was happening with peoples test. I have mines tomoro in edinburgh i stay outside the city centre and the snow is pretty bad. Just wondering if anyone from about here had a test the past few days cause i need to take a unpaid holiday from work to do it and would rather not loose out. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Looking at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5? you've no chance. The snow that you say is "pretty bad" will be frozen solid. The road markings won't be visible, particularly on the minor side roads and people will be slipping and sliding all over the place.

If I were you, I'd go to work. You should still phone the test centre an hour before your test is due to take place to confirm the test is off, then you won't need to attend. A new booking will be made for you automatically.

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine on Wednesday and it hasn't snowed here for almost a week but with freezing temps it's still hanging about and I suspect that although most of the roads are clear mine will still be cancelled. I'm guessing if you've got a lot of snow and it's bad yours definitely will be.

BTW. Where do you get the phone numbers for your test centre. There isn't one listed for mine.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dolly*daydream)
    BTW. Where do you get the phone numbers for your test centre. There isn't one listed for mine.:mad:
    Read your appointment letter / email for instructions regarding bad weather on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advisor)
    Read your appointment letter / email for instructions regarding bad weather on the day.

Have been hunting all over for the letter this week and couldn't find it. Totally forgot about the email. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your opinions I doubt it will but i dont want to be stuck at work and loose my fee. Wish they could say the day before would be much easier.
    Good luck with yours when it comes

ReputationRep:
    Just foned its cancelled. April it is then lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.