Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is ****ing wrong with me? So annoyed with myself! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically my ex dumped me in May so it's been a good seven months now. I am completely over her(that's what I keep telling myself). The breakup affected me pretty badly, I must admit, ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE HAD SAID SHE WANTED TO MARRY ME A MONTH EARLIER(we're both 22). We had a very bitter post-breakup and lots of fights and disappointment from my side and we ultimately cut off all contact with each other.
    I moved on, tried to get with this new girl who said she didn't want to get into a relationship. Almost got with this other girl, but she was moving away and said she didn't want an LDR. It had got to a stage where I was trying to get with every new girl I met(I know, terrible, I should have just waited it out). Anyway, since June, I had tried to add my ex on facebook and call her atleast 15 times but she rejected. A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking to myself that she's a really nice girl and we shouldn't be enemies for life; even if we weren't meant to be together, we can atleast be on talking terms and friends. So I rang her out of the blue. She answered, we had a talk for around half an hour. I add her today on facebook, she just accepted and I'm over the ****ing moon. Why? Why does she still affect me so much? I am over her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatlesnut)
    Basically my ex dumped me in May so it's been a good seven months now. I am completely over her(that's what I keep telling myself). The breakup affected me pretty badly, I must admit, ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE HAD SAID SHE WANTED TO MARRY ME A MONTH EARLIER(we're both 22). We had a very bitter post-breakup and lots of fights and disappointment from my side and we ultimately cut off all contact with each other.
    I moved on, tried to get with this new girl who said she didn't want to get into a relationship. Almost got with this other girl, but she was moving away and said she didn't want an LDR. It had got to a stage where I was trying to get with every new girl I met(I know, terrible, I should have just waited it out). Anyway, since June, I had tried to add my ex on facebook and call her atleast 15 times but she rejected. A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking to myself that she's a really nice girl and we shouldn't be enemies for life; even if we weren't meant to be together, we can atleast be on talking terms and friends. So I rang her out of the blue. She answered, we had a talk for around half an hour. I add her today on facebook, she just accepted and I'm over the ****ing moon. Why? Why does she still affect me so much? I am over her!

because your obviously not over her

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    The Beatles suck!
    irrelevance personified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam8472)
    because your obviously not over her
    I am mate. Trust me. I would never want to get back with her. The things she did to me ..annoy me so much.

ReputationRep:
    I am mate. Trust me. I would never want to get back with her. The things she did to me ..annoy me so much.
    I hate to say it man but if you were over her you wouldn't give a **** about her or what she did. you may not want her back but there is a whole difference between that and being over her.

ReputationRep:
    You got your attention, now go away and let us talk about university fees and amazing grades.

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say it man but if you were over her you wouldn't give a **** about her or what she did. you may not want her back but there is a whole difference between that and being over her.
    Let's say I am not over her. Maybe. However, there is zero chance of her getting back with me ever(she has told me that to my face). And it's in my best interests if I move on. It's ****ing with my head. It's been seven months. I can't think about anything else.

ReputationRep:
    this
    you still care about what she does, even if it's got a negative slant now

ReputationRep:
    Let's say I am not over her. Maybe. However, there is zero chance of her getting back with me ever(she has told me that to my face). And it's in my best interests if I move on. It's ****ing with my head. It's been seven months. I can't think about anything else.
    so go find someone better the only true way to get over the ex

ReputationRep:
    This song is perfect for you tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    This song is perfect for you tbh.

Oh cmon man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    The Beatles suck!
    What!

Oh I get it.

ReputationRep:
    You should not have bothered getting in contact as this will just make it harder/longer to get over her.

Feeling anger or annoyance toward her for what she has done is not getting over her, feeling indifferent about what she does is.

Maybe this one then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6iYWJxHqs

LOL, on a serious note, You're not over her. You can't blame yourself or beat yourself up about it, but seems like that's the case.

I'm in the same siituation at the moment.

Just try and talk to her as LESS as possible, and don't stalk her facebook page.

ReputationRep:
    I broke up with her 2 years ago, same situation, but I know I'm not over her. Wouldn't get back with her because I wouldn't trust her, I know sleeping with her wuold be a terrible mistake but I might still do it, you just get this way with particular girls, can't help it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    sorry to say it but you clearly still love her mate... id really suggest staying away for now until this doesnt bother you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    sorry to say it but you clearly still love her mate... id really suggest staying away for now until this doesnt bother you so much!
    I don't love her..i guess i just haven't found anyone else as good as she WAS.

ReputationRep:
    You're not over her yet.
    Your mind is over her, but you're heart isnt over her.
    It takes time. It takes months or even years to get over someone.
    You just need to be patient or if itll help, you should try and go out with someone you fancy and see what happens there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.