Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't live in halls for my first year and I seriously regret it, I got told by my uni's accommodation offices that I AM allowed to live there for my second and third years. However, is this rare? I'm aware that it's mainly freshers living in halls so I don't want to be like the only second year living in halls

Anyone else who isn't a fresher and living in halls? Or knows of someone?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going back into halls for my second year - I just like it there! I think in some unis it's more common than others. I know some people that say their uni only lets people go back into halls after first year under special circumstances, but at my uni it's almost the other way around - we're encouraged to apply.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, we have this option for second year if you are disabled and final year for everyone. Would you like to live with lots of freshers when your work actually counts and theirs doesn't? Generally speaking.

Plenty, is the answer to your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Bean)
    I didn't live in halls for my first year and I seriously regret it, I got told by my uni's accommodation offices that I AM allowed to live there for my second and third years. However, is this rare? I'm aware that it's mainly freshers living in halls so I don't want to be like the only second year living in halls

its not common here for 2nd years to live at the halls, we're living in a house 10 minutes away

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the uni you go to. At my uni, there is no on-campus accommodation for second years, the only time a second year can live on campus is if they have exceptional medical circumstances I think.

ReputationRep:
    One third of all hall accommodation on campus is available for returning students in Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    I get it in what will be my second year at Warwick (but third year of a four year degree) because I'll be returning from an Erasmus year...but normally it's only Freshers (and even then, not all of them) and some finalists (only about 50% of the students that apply for it get it)/postgrads who live in halls. It's compulsory to move out for your second year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    I get it in what will be my second year at Warwick (but third year of a four year degree) because I'll be returning from an Erasmus year...but normally it's only Freshers (and even then, not all of them) and some finalists (only about 50% of the students that apply for it get it)/postgrads who live in halls. It's compulsory to move out for your second year.
    Compulsory to move out of halls, or to move in general? Cause I didn't live in halls for my first year but I want to for my second.

ReputationRep:
    Compulsory to move out of halls, or to move in general? Cause I didn't live in halls for my first year but I want to for my second.
    Which uni are you at?

Second years at Warwick are not eligible to live on campus unless they have a medical condition that prevents them living off campus, pretty much. There's a waiting list for those who want to move back onto campus for whatever reason though, I know someone who started their second year living in Leamington and then by the end of the first term/beginning of the second (can't remember) moved back onto campus, and they didn't have any medical thing.

ReputationRep:

depends on the Uni, at my Uni halls are strictly for First years, everyone cant wait to get their own place tho

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.