This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anyone else???

im writting a stupid essay when i have 4 exams next week....

love Katy ***
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I also hate key skills. Infact I hate them with a passion.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
anyone else???

im writting a stupid essay when i have 4 exams next week....

love Katy ***
We all just didn't bother doing anything for them. Hopefully the school will have realised what a waste of time they are by now. What's the point? It's just like removing any academic substance from a subject and then calling it a 'skill'.

Ben
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate keyskills too. I pass all the keyskills exams at level 3. I am not exactly the brightest person on the planet but to be honest Level 3 keyskills is no way near the A level standard it is supposed to be. Anyway the stupid drunk 70 year old tutor we had no idea how to submit all the course work. He did it wrong and the entire college failed. I wasn't too annoyed because although I never got the worthless key skills qualification I already hade enough points from A levels so it didn't effect my university entry.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
We all just didn't bother doing anything for them. Hopefully the school will have realised what a waste of time they are by now. What's the point? It's just like removing any academic substance from a subject and then calling it a 'skill'.

Ben

i bunked them in school....got to uni and not only is it compulsory...it counts towards by degree.

love KAty ****
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
i bunked them in school....got to uni and not only is it compulsory...it counts towards by degree.

love KAty ****
We were told we would have to do keyskills, however its just a joke luckily for me. On our assignments we have keyskills to be assessed. It then lists the 3 Key Skills plus others such as team work etc.

We don't have to actually do any work for it at all though so I guess by including that they are keeping the stupid government happy. Bonking Key Skills is the best thing you can do but not if it counts towards your degree.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We have to do a Skills module here this year and next year, I don't like it either.. it's pointless tbh.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Bonking Key Skills is the best thing you can do but not if it counts towards your degree.
Very interesting. I suppose it is a 'key skill'...

Ben
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads