Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

advice Watch

Announcements

I was with my ex for nearly 2 years, after 6 months she cheated on me, and I forgave her, about 8 months later she did it again (just kiss, no more). Both times I found out with her telling me, the first time a few weeks later and the second a couple of months later when she was drunk and I got it out of her. Both of us had trust issues, although I've never done anything for her to feel that way. She cheated on me again for a third time, this time sleeping with someone, and she told me the same night and we ended then.

We both still love each other and we're both really close, and I still want her. We've been apart for 6 months now and we're so close that we're basically a couple, but she says she needs time to be single without feeling guilty when something happens before we can be in a relationship again. Since that, she has liked someone else, and slept with 2 more people, while I've not done anything with anyone, I only want her. I want to wait, because I want her back, but I don't know how to cope with how this feels I must sound so pathetic, and ridiculous, but I love her so, so much. From the very first day that we got together I've been crazy about her and I still am. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stop talking to her, and I can't stop loving her.

We've still been sleeping with each other aswell. But everytime she sleeps with someone else, I start asking her questions like was it bigger than mine, was he better, what was it like, stupid things like that! I know how stupid I am but I just don't know what to do!

Someone please give me some advice sorry its long

bump

ReputationRep:
    Yo, I know that there's a point where you fall in love and that love transcends logic but seriously, you gotta draw a line somewhere and detach yourself from the situation emotionally. What is right in the long term? I'm all for second chances, but fourth chances? You are just setting yourself up for pain, man. Get yourself a whole lot of whisky, some tissues and some country music 'cause it's time for you to drunkenly cry this girl out of your system and move on before she drives you crazy. She ain't the one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Yo, I know that there's a point where you fall in love and that love transcends logic but seriously, you gotta draw a line somewhere and detach yourself from the situation emotionally. What is right in the long term? I'm all for second chances, but fourth chances? You are just setting yourself up for pain, man. Get yourself a whole lot of whisky, some tissues and some country music 'cause it's time for you to drunkenly cry this girl out of your system and move on before she drives you crazy. She ain't the one.
    + rep! Listen to this guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    + rep! Listen to this guy.
    Please rate some other members before rating this member again. Whatever that means :judge:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, and you won't listen to this, but she REALLY doesn't deserve you; dump her ass :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was with my ex for nearly 2 years, after 6 months she cheated on me, and I forgave her, about 8 months later she did it again (just kiss, no more). Both times I found out with her telling me, the first time a few weeks later and the second a couple of months later when she was drunk and I got it out of her. Both of us had trust issues, although I've never done anything for her to feel that way. She cheated on me again for a third time, this time sleeping with someone, and she told me the same night and we ended then.

We both still love each other and we're both really close, and I still want her. We've been apart for 6 months now and we're so close that we're basically a couple, but she says she needs time to be single without feeling guilty when something happens before we can be in a relationship again. Since that, she has liked someone else, and slept with 2 more people, while I've not done anything with anyone, I only want her. I want to wait, because I want her back, but I don't know how to cope with how this feels I must sound so pathetic, and ridiculous, but I love her so, so much. From the very first day that we got together I've been crazy about her and I still am. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stop talking to her, and I can't stop loving her.

We've still been sleeping with each other aswell. But everytime she sleeps with someone else, I start asking her questions like was it bigger than mine, was he better, what was it like, stupid things like that! I know how stupid I am but I just don't know what to do!

Someone please give me some advice sorry its long
    Oh hun! I'm sorry to say this but I think you need to get out. You can't wait around for a girl who might never truely come back to you. Cut her out of your life if thats what it takes for you to get over her but you need to get over her and move on.

I like to believe if its really ment to be, then you'll find each other again one day when you are both in the right place to truely be together (i'm a big romantic softie)

Its not good for you to be with her and love her like you do and not get it back.

Good luck with it all and I hope your okay!
    :console:
    xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.