Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you prevent/induce a period? Watch

My boyfriends coming to stay with me in a week's time for a couple of days and we're in a LDR so sex is something we definitely both want to happen. However, I have irregular periods but I'm pretty sure I will start around then. What would be the best thing to do to ensure this doesn't happen? Is there a pill I can take to put it off or make it start (around now) so I won't be on it for next week?
    (I'm not/never have been on the pill)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctors, they can give you a pill which will hold it off until you stop taking it :-)
    It can make you feel a bit sick/bloated, but does the job.

ReputationRep:
    stick a cork up there:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Parsley tea. Works like a charm.

Remember when the river runs red.. take the dirt track instead

ReputationRep:
    I've heard parsley tea and vitamin C to induce, I tried it in the summer but it didn't work for me, might just be me though
    Otherwise, go to the doctor and ask for Norethisterone, I think it is

Your doctor can prescribe you norethisterone, which will prevent it for as long as you take the pills. As soon as you stop taking them your period will come about 3 days later, but I had terrible stomach pains for a day or two after that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.