Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HTC Desire/Wildfire or Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to get a new phone, haven't changed since about 5 years (still have nokia 6500 slide!) so I'm looking to get something decent and new

Can anyone tell which of these phones would be the best and why? Any experiences with these phones would be great

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mob...learance=false

ReputationRep:
    I got a HTC desire a couple days ago. I've been continuously Jizzing ever since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    I got a HTC desire a couple days ago. I've been continuously Jizzing ever since
    Haha have you downloaded any apps yet? Does it freeze much, and how fast is it?

If there's one thing I hate it's phones that take ages move from one application to the other, or crash a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Get the Desire then.
    The Wildfire is a laggy little ***** and the X10 mini is only slightly better.
    Do you think it's worth paying extra just for the better speed? Or is the Desire better for other things too?

Wildfire and X10 is about the same price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Desire is much better, faster, bigger screen (and higher res).
    Wildfire/X10 mini are very much budget phones, if you want the true smart/Android phone experience then get the Desire.
    ^this.

However, the Desire is very much becoming a last gen phone, and with the advent of the Desire Z, Nexus S, and the upcoming phones with Tegra 2 chips, it might be worth waiting until after the January releases and spending a little more on something significantly more powerful and time proof

ReputationRep:
    I have the Desire
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    ^this.

However, the Desire is very much becoming a last gen phone, and with the advent of the Desire Z, Nexus S, and the upcoming phones with Tegra 2 chips, it might be worth waiting until after the January releases and spending a little more on something significantly more powerful and time proof
    Nearly every phone this year will be a last gen phone however you must realise the OP seems to be on a tight budget there's no way they'd get a new Tegra or Dual core phone when it's released for this kind of money. She;d need to wait a whole year.

The Desire is far better than the Wildfire and X10 mini, the difference is really remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Nearly every phone this year will be a last gen phone however you must realise the OP seems to be on a tight budget there's no way they'd get a new Tegra or Dual core phone when it's released for this kind of money. She;d need to wait a whole year.
    I was just making sure that she knew :P Nobody wants to be in a position where they think they've bought a top of the range phone and find that it's out-dated within a week

ReputationRep:
    I have the X10 Mini Pro and it's an okay phone. A lot of people think that it'd be annoying to use because of its size but you get used to it (some apps might look a bit weird on it, but it's still a good phone for the price). The slide out keyboard is sooo good too, and although the layout of the keys also seems awkward, you do get used to it.

The only big problem with the X10 Mini Pro is the battery though; a normal phone battery like you'd find in one of Sony Ericssons cybershot phones powers it, so you find yourself charging it all too often >.>

But as I said, good phone for the price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)

The Desire is far better than the Wildfire and X10 mini, the difference is really remarkable.
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    I was just making sure that she knew :P Nobody wants to be in a position where they think they've bought a top of the range phone and find that it's out-dated within a week
    It's a he

And yes I am on a tight budget, i'm kinda moving towards Wildfire or X10 now. Wanna save some money for external hard drive for laptop.

ReputationRep:
    If price isnt an issue then desire for sure. Will be worth taking a look at the motorola defy as well.

ReputationRep:
    HTC Desire or the Wildfire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    It's a he

And yes I am on a tight budget, i'm kinda moving towards Wildfire or X10 now. Wanna save some money for external hard drive for laptop.
    eek! Sorry, was just going by the guy who I'd quoted, didn't bother checking :P

Definitely the Wildfire then - if only because the community/dev support is significantly better for HTC phones in general than it is for SE...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.