Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't live with parents anymore Watch

I can't take my parents abuse anymore, I don't know what to do or where to turn but I just know I won't last much longer if I stay. They're wrecking my life, I'm trying to rise above it but I can't, I'm too weak and I'm too alone. I know my mum's unhappy but she's taking it all out on me and I don't know what to do, I can't handle it nor can I ever help solve her problems. My dad wants me to die, end of. I don't know what to do, my head is spinning, I can't carry on. I'm going to do something stupid. I hate this house.

Does anyone have any similar experiences? How did you cope?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? Yes, I've felt the exact same, but am coming through the other end intact. It's got to get better-there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm 17, year 12 so a couple of years till uni. I don't know how to cope in the meantime, I feel like I'm losing my grip

ReputationRep:
    Wow...Could you talk to a teacher at school or maybe another adult who you're close to?

(Original post by ponpon14)
    Wow...Could you talk to a teacher at school or maybe another adult who you're close to?
    I went to the counsellor for a while but she was really horrible, she just made me feel like I had to prove myself to be there so I felt pressured. My mum has made me feel like no one else in my family cares about me (aunts/uncles etc) so I feel pretty alone. I was going to go away for Christmas to my aunt's house but she said if I do, I'm not her daughter anymore. I just feel stuck, I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't take my parents abuse anymore, I don't know what to do or where to turn but I just know I won't last much longer if I stay. They're wrecking my life, I'm trying to rise above it but I can't, I'm too weak and I'm too alone. I know my mum's unhappy but she's taking it all out on me and I don't know what to do, I can't handle it nor can I ever help solve her problems. My dad wants me to die, end of. I don't know what to do, my head is spinning, I can't carry on. I'm going to do something stupid. I hate this house.

Does anyone have any similar experiences? How did you cope?
    Walk around with the bread knife (at all times)

ReputationRep:
    Save up money and try to find a room to rent somewhere? Of course this would depend on whether you can find a job and a place.

ReputationRep:
    See another counsellor then. They are there to help you. You will be asked to explain your feelings, but that isnt to prove yourself, it is just to see where you stand and therefore how to help you.

If you dont feel comfortable with that, how about you talk to a friend? See if you can spend more time at their houses? Go out more often etc?

I know this isnt much consolation, but sixth form will go really quickly if you let it. Then you will be at uni for most of the year if you want to go.

I hope the situation gets better for you soon. *Hugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I went to the counsellor for a while but she was really horrible, she just made me feel like I had to prove myself to be there so I felt pressured. My mum has made me feel like no one else in my family cares about me (aunts/uncles etc) so I feel pretty alone. I was going to go away for Christmas to my aunt's house but she said if I do, I'm not her daughter anymore. I just feel stuck, I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your reply.
    Oh, your female. My apologies.

Firstly, why does your dad want you to die? I'm pretty sure that statement is a little overboard.

Also, I would suggest that you put your name up for some form of housing and in the meantime, stay with a friend or relative. And as for Christmas, go to your aunts. Why let your mother dictate what you do when she treats you like ****e?

Is your aunt aware of your home situation?
    • TSR Support Team

Even if your Mum disowns you it is worth considering going to your Auntie because otherwise this is going to affect your school work, in the meantime you need to speak to someone maybe at school about this.

ReputationRep:
    I left at 16 ....i couldn't do it anymore **** living with parents I worked nights after school cleaning buildings for this old man saved and left. Nobody and I mean nobody pissed me off like my mama. Went my senior year of high school working two jobs target overnight and a music store on the weekends.....it was the devil but it was worth it. I'm sorry about your situation....keep your head up save and gtfo never look back

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.