ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

In short I am returning to education and currently studying for an HNC in Marine Engineering (City College Plymouth/University of Plymouth) with a hope of taking it to degree level (hope is the optimum word at the moment!)

I have already done the student thing having graduated in 2001 with a BA(Hons) History with American Studies from Canterbury Christ Church, so this course is something of a change of direction.

However saying that I would still love to take my study of history further and daftly I would love to be able study for another BA in the subject but at Oxford or Cambridge (I know it sounds daft to study the same subject again, but I would like to study the aspects offered by the Oxbridge colleges) but having to work for a living the chances are slim if not nothing.

Anyway outside of the study I am an adult Sergeant with the Royal Marine Cadets (I will say now I am female ) which is a part of the Sea Cadet Corps and an Assistant Scout Leader....so in all a busy lass

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.