Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you know anyone who is completely Asexual? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking this because I know it is very rare but I think my brother might be.

He's 21 and has never kissed a girl or boy. He has never showed an interest in any sort of romantic relationships, it is like something that completely doesn't exist in his world. I know some people are embaressed talking about the subject of sex and relationships possibly because they are in the closet or not very good at pulling! This is not the case for him, its more like he is scornful as if he is above it all. Occasionally he gets quite annoyed when people are overtly sexual but it seems to be more because he finds it a boring, puerile subject rather than any other reason. Some people have asked me if he is homosexual because he is quite effeminate and a few of his friends are gay, but he has never shown any inclination towards this either. The slogan for Asexuality is "Sex? I'd rather have a piece of cake." This definitely sums him up... and not because he's fat!

ReputationRep:
    Moi

I know someone who is literally the living version of Sheldon from TBBT, so yes.

Hey, im asexual, as is my boyfriend. I actually find it better for me. It allows me to have a laid back approach to life, and coincidentally met my boyfriend who also feels the same (we met as friends and tried a relationship only to figure we had the same mindset to things, and after researching it we realise it was asexuality). There really is nothing wrong with it. I dont feel like I have to conform to the 'sex' that everyone else seems desperate to be a part of. It doesnt mean he cant be happy, so dont worry about it
    although it sounds more to me like he could be gay :/

I think I am.

Would rather post it anon, a stalker might be disappointed. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    scornful seems an odd state of being....

but relationships wise, I'm not all that fussed...which is rather amusing.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've never even heard of anyone in real life who is so.

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Dumbledore!
    I thought he was gay..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    I thought he was gay..
    Yeah, but later in the interview that dropped everyone's jaws JKR said that

"He [Dumbledore, obvs] lost his moral compass completely when he fell in love and I think subsequently became very mistrusting of his own judgment in those matters so became quite asexual. He led a celibate and bookish life."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Yeah, but later in the interview that dropped everyone's jaws JKR said that

"He [Dumbledore, obvs] lost his moral compass completely when he fell in love and I think subsequently became very mistrusting of his own judgment in those matters so became quite asexual. He led a celibate and bookish life."
    Surpressing love for the sake of others doesn't make you asexual. I think she has used the wrong word.

On another note, its not something i'm prepared to argue about at 4.33am.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more probable that he's gay but discrete about it. Why don't you ask him?

ReputationRep:
    Me. :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    I am presuming you don't mean asexual as in reproduces by itself... I haven't met a human who can do that. I have met some people who are just not interested in either sex at all though.

ReputationRep:
    you guys are amazing, are you even human?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Moi
    Are you telling me if a hot chick/guy danced around in honey-covered panties you wont be turned on :sexface:

Depends how you refer to it, if you are talking about asexual in a way of not wanting sex, then i will qualify for that to be honest, i just find the concept of sex very overrated the reality is it only feels darn good in an attempt to make two people reproduce and ensure the carry on of the human race - (plenty of Jeremy Kyle guests ensure that, the end result often been of question).

However if i had a non-sex relationship then i would be happy with that as sometimes you do miss the companship and general being closer to someone more than a friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rememberme)
    I'm asking this because I know it is very rare but I think my brother might be.

He's 21 and has never kissed a girl or boy. He has never showed an interest in any sort of romantic relationships, it is like something that completely doesn't exist in his world. I know some people are embaressed talking about the subject of sex and relationships possibly because they are in the closet or not very good at pulling! This is not the case for him, its more like he is scornful as if he is above it all. Occasionally he gets quite annoyed when people are overtly sexual but it seems to be more because he finds it a boring, puerile subject rather than any other reason. Some people have asked me if he is homosexual because he is quite effeminate and a few of his friends are gay, but he has never shown any inclination towards this either. The slogan for Asexuality is "Sex? I'd rather have a piece of cake." This definitely sums him up... and not because he's fat!
    Me

ReputationRep:
    He is probably just not talking to you about it. I think my mum thinks I am because I have not had a girlfreind and I would never talk about girls to my mum.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.