Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do girls love discussing other people's love/sex lives so much? Watch

ReputationRep:
    maybe not so much sex lives but deffo love and relationship lives.

I have overheard so many girls talking about who's in a relationship, what's happening with this guy, who kissed who, who got with who the night before the morning after, who's Facebook relationship status says who, how long someone's been in a relationship etc. etc. I hear it on the phone, on the bus, in the library, in the shops, you name it.

I think to myself 'why cant you get a real hobby instead of talking about this rubbish?'

guys chat about it for all of a few seconds then get on with normal things. girls can't help themselves. why do they do this?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you get a real hobby instead of earwigging on girls who say stuff you don't like?

I think you're a pervert to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting and we're really really really nosey

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't remember the last time I've ever talked about such things.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, we're just really nosey for one
    and for two usually if a girl asks you about your BFf/ GF its just an excuse for her to talk endlessly about hers to you.

ReputationRep:
    I ain't a girl and I gossip all ****ing day. Get off the sexism horse Mr. McCririck, you're gonna get some saddlesore

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised at the number of guys who do that too, either way, It's simple, their own lives are very boring and they deal with it by living those of others

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend gossips all the freaking time about his friends relationships. It's soooo boring.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, TSR, home of sweeping generalizations...

He's knew, he'll learn. We can teach him the ways of the true TSRian.

Starting with this, apprentice; Absolutely never draw up a generalization. Start with, "Why do many girls" or "I know a lot of girls"

Following this simple rule will make you 'more' popular among TSR and not a pariah...

ReputationRep:
    OP are you a loser, stop indulging yourself in other peoples lives and focus on your own maybe

ReputationRep:
    Cos it's interesting
    I'm not as bad as you descibed but it's good to have a good gossip sometimes.
    Guys are just as bad. I have these conversations with some of my guy friends.

ReputationRep:
    true lol. friend is doing it right now on msn

ReputationRep:
    The TSR girls will say they don't indugle in these type of conversations. This further proves my theory of TSR girls not being the same as the real life ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    You've caught me. I'm really my twin brother.
    This is TSR so I wouldnt be suprised tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Girls are boring creatures that have nothing better to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    Because we're girls.it's in our nature.we talk,we gossip..a lot.
    it's the same reaon to why you like playing COD so much tbh..so UNKNOWN.

ReputationRep:
    Some guys do it just as much as girls.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're insecure and feel the need to live comparative lives, constantly consumed by insignificant things that they like to believe is so significant. Also because they have nothing better to do or nothing better going on for themselves.

You don't expect a successful, independent, driven and extremely occupied woman spending her time snooping around for gossip, then texting all her friends *****ing about it. They simply don't have time for that nonsense.

Also because the *****es think they're in a real-life sex in the city kind of thing. I pity them, so consumed by what others are doing that they're losing focus on themselves.

Also there's a great deal of hypocrisy, if they hear a girl slept with whoever it's like OMG WHAT A SLUT! Then if they do the same and guys call her a slut all of a sudden they jump on the feminist brigade saying they can do whatever they want because women have sexual needs to bla bla.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Not all girls. I was friends with a girl who was like that though. We' re no longer friends.
    Definitely not all girls, I didn't imply that in my post either. It's a minority but they are so annoying and laughable, I just can't take them seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I think to myself 'why cant you get a real hobby instead of listening to girls talking about this rubbish?'

:rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.