Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people like to think that George Bush was dumb? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, there's something strange about that claim. How could he have managed to become the president of the United States while being an idiot? I mean he even got a second term. Don't you think his stupidity would have been exposed by then?

I just think people like the idea that George was dumb, makes them feel better about everything he did... Claiming he was stupid exonerates him of any responsibilty he may have for his lying, cheating ways. Poor Bush, he was so dumb, why did we elect him? It's our fault not his. People should open their eyes, George Bush meant every thing he ever did. Maybe he didn't calculate the backlash he may recieve as a result of it thoroughly enough, but if you think he was just dumb and didn't "mean" for it. Your so so naive. He has said some stupid, stupid, stupid things i.e. "your with us or against us" or "they hate us for our freedom" or this may not be an exact quote but "Iraq has WMD's" haha but that doesn't mean he's stupid, just doesn't think before he speaks.

Oh yeah and he laughs weird. :confused:

These things make him seem more accessible to people, insulting the man who f*cked up their country by saying he was an idiot makes them feel like the future isn't so bleak. Their government really does care for them. Sometimes I wonder whether citizens of other countries have it better because they have a distinct quality that many people in the west don't have. They can scrutinize, critizise and question their government, openly or not they at least have the ability to see that the government aren't always the people to trust. Same with their media. They know when they're being lied to is my point really. I sometimes read what people write on blogs or TSR even and the power a concept like blind patriotism has is crazy to watch.

I want to hear some other perspectives, is there anyone who genuinely feels like Bush was not the brightest of bulbs and made some ill informed moves thinking it was for the best? Or are you more pessismistic like me and feel everything he did was premeditated? I think this can be applied to Blair too.. Although most don't see Blair as dumb, but as a lapdog to Bush. Same principle really. Makes them feel like the next one will be better.

Blimey, I feel like jumping off a cliff. There's no hope

ReputationRep:
    cuz hes a propa ******* innit lmao

ReputationRep:

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Because his surname looks like my girlfriends jungle.

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to be all that intelligent to win the presidency. It was more the money and his Dad, and a Brother who is happy to help you cheat.

ReputationRep:
    he was an idiot, it doesn't excuse him of anything he did though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    You dont have to be all that intelligent to win the presidency. It was more the money and his Dad, and a Brother who is happy to help you cheat.
    He went to Yale for his degree and Harvard for his masters, which is more than I could ever ever achieve (I don't think). I find it hard to believe he's a certified idiot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.