Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which of the following perfumes should I buy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A shop has the following perfumes on special offer. Since mine are about to finish, I need some new ones but can't make my mind up. If you know, which one smells best to you?

(for Male)

under £10

Andy Roddick 100ml EDT Spray
    Beckham Story 50ml EDT
    FCUK Connect 100ml EDT
    Nino Cerruti 1881 25ml EDT
    Playboy New York 100ml EDT
    Quorum 100ml EDT

£10-£20

Beckham Initmately 75ml EDT Spray
    Beckham Intimately Yours 30ml EDT
    Beckham Signature 75ml EDT Spray
    Jazz 100ml EDT
    Paul Smith Extreme 30ml EDT
    Paul Smith Men 30ml EDT
    Ralph Rocks 50ml EDT

others

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male 75ml EDT

Which smells best?

ReputationRep:
    How come nobody here knows about perfumes?

ReputationRep:
    Le Male is really nice, never tried any of the others but then I haven't even heard of most of them. What shop is it out of interest, a local one or on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackspur)
    Le Male is really nice, never tried any of the others but then I haven't even heard of most of them. What shop is it out of interest, a local one or on the internet?
    Its in Saver

ReputationRep:
    Out of those; Jean Paul Gaultier.

Is £20 your limit? Everything else you've listed is going to be pretty nasty, in my opinion.

Diesel, Paco Rabanne, Armani, Yves Saint Laurent and some good brands to try. Even Davidoff or Calvin Klein (ok, maybe not CK), but you'll end up smelling just like every other guy out there.

You can get 2.5ml testers on eBay fairly cheaply. Have a look and invest in a decent aftershave (£30+). Don't skimp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom360)
    Out of those; Jean Paul Gaultier.

Is £20 your limit? Everything else you've listed is going to be pretty nasty, in my opinion.

Diesel, Paco Rabanne, Armani, Yves Saint Laurent and some good brands to try. Even Davidoff or Calvin Klein (ok, maybe not CK), but you'll end up smelling just like every other guy out there.

You can get 2.5ml testers on eBay fairly cheaply. Have a look and invest in a decent aftershave (£30+). Don't skimp.
    No, I don't have a limit. I just mentioned it because this is the way it was listed in the leaflet. I mean I hear complements of Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male everywhere and just watched a review. It seems to be a pretty nice perfume.

One question regarding aftershaves: I have never used aftershave except some cheap ones. I mean, do people use them only after shaving or even just like that on the face?

ReputationRep:
    No, that'll burn like hell if you apply it straight onto a freshly shaven face.

Apply to areas such as the neck, behind the ears etc. It doesn't have to be right after shaving.

If you're applying in the morning, depending how strong the fragrance is, you may need to reapply in the late afternoon/early evening if you want the smell to stay around into the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)

Which smells best?
    This one everytime :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Always always always go with Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male. I've dated 4 guys who use it

ReputationRep:
    That's part of the problem. It's really common.

Personally, I'd want something a bit more unique.

ReputationRep:
    JPG is sexxxxy

ReputationRep:
    meh skip all those and go for paco rabanne-one million, orgasmic!

ReputationRep:
    Jean paul Le male £24 for 75ml at asda.

ReputationRep:
    I hear Kerry Katona has released a new perfume...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by should be revising)
    I hear Kerry Katona has released a new perfume...
    is it called '****mist'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    is it called '****mist'?
    It's actually called 'Tramp', it's smell is a pungent mixture of desperation and a product that's way past it's sell by date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    A shop has the following perfumes on special offer. Since mine are about to finish, I need some new ones but can't make my mind up. If you know, which one smells best to you?

(for Male)

under £10

Andy Roddick 100ml EDT Spray
    Beckham Story 50ml EDT
    FCUK Connect 100ml EDT
    Nino Cerruti 1881 25ml EDT
    Playboy New York 100ml EDT
    Quorum 100ml EDT

£10-£20

Beckham Initmately 75ml EDT Spray
    Beckham Intimately Yours 30ml EDT
    Beckham Signature 75ml EDT Spray
    Jazz 100ml EDT
    Paul Smith Extreme 30ml EDT
    Paul Smith Men 30ml EDT
    Ralph Rocks 50ml EDT

others

Which smells best?
    1881 is foul, avoid.
    The two Paul Smith ones you've mentioned are really nice - Extreme is a subtle sort of woody fragrance, Men is more citrussy and fresh. I would go for one of these.
    I can't remember what the Beckham ones are like, but Beckham Instinct is surprisingly nice too.

My personal favourites that are not on your list are Boss Bottled (and the Night version) by Hugo Boss, Only the Brave by Diesel, and Ralph Lauren Big Pony 3.

ReputationRep:
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male is lovely but my favourite is paco rabbane one million (but thats not on your list )

ReputationRep:
    Giorgio Armani

Acqua Di Gio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    Giorgio Armani

Acqua Di Gio
    This! Missed out when it was £50 for 200ml on the perfume shop

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.