Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what to do when a girl says she's on a 'break' with her bf because of you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Alright people,

Basically I started uni in October, and this girl and myself became mates from day one really, spendning time in the Library with each other as well as lunch and everyone on the course thinks we're going out. Well, I was aware that she had a bf and didn't wish to push the matter further as I respected her relationship status etc.

Prob is, this girl now that we're all on vacation phoned me today saying that she is on a break with her bf because she feels closer to me.

How on earth should I play this one?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    she wants you!

ReputationRep:
    The decent thing to do would be to give her some space. I'm not saying ignore her or anything, just don't start being all over her.

Move to Mexico. Wait for the **** to cool down.

ReputationRep:
      Dude, your totally in there!

In the spirit of Christmas, give her a good stuffing

ReputationRep:
      high 5, you're in

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by >Anna<)
      The decent thing to do would be to give her some space. I'm not saying ignore her or anything, just don't start being all over her.
      This. Albeit it is a great opportunity to jump in and start something more with her but be logical, is there a chance that they are perhaps on a break? Support her instead of making the selfish decision to get with her. She will appreciate this more, and perhaps something may come out of it.

ReputationRep:
      well, depends on you. what do you think about her? do you want her too?

I would call somebody breaking up with a partner due to a new lover a slut but that is only my personal point of view. I would be very careful with somebody like that. what she easily does to her recent bf same she will smoe day do to you. cold blooded person maybe. I hate people like that. cowards.

Do what you feel to do. if you are happy with it, take her but I wouldn´t. Not in that way. Maybe some time later. Perhaps she is just idealising you and could regret having lost her bf for just a dream of something better.

ReputationRep:
      Has "Friends" taught us nothing?!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cynthi007)
      I would call somebody breaking up with a partner due to a new lover a slut
      why is it slutty?, surely it would be worse to string her bf along if she is more attracted to this other guy, she's not cheating on her bf with him

anyway to the OP she obviously likes you and wants you, id go in for the kill but gently, just say your available and you want something to happen.

ReputationRep:
      Just stand back and let her make her own decision. Brace yourself for disappointment, too. She loved that guy first and he is going to be doing all he can to try and keep her, chances are that she will realise she loves him more than she wants to be with you after all, you just gotta roll with that.

ReputationRep:
      Never a good idea to get with someone if they're just on a 'break'. See Friends for a prime example of this. Clarify the actual situation first. If they've broken up, it's different, but if they are on a break, then it's a much greyer area so safer to stay away from doing something you'll later regret.

ReputationRep:
      A break from her boyfriend so she can basically have some fun with you and then when she gets bored go back to him, clever girl!

Do as you wish but you certainly wouldn't want to go out with a girl like this.

ReputationRep:
      Just another one of those girls who gets too emotionally attached to a nice person and thinks that she has to test compatability in the hopes that she can dump her perfectly alright BF due to him not being there at Uni with her but all he will get is a "cant do long distance excuse" as opposed to "i found a hot guy closer to me, sorry".

Dont think she wont do it to you too. Teach her a lesson by telling her BF what she is doing.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by f1rules)
      Alright people,

Basically I started uni in October, and this girl and myself became mates from day one really, spendning time in the Library with each other as well as lunch and everyone on the course thinks we're going out. Well, I was aware that she had a bf and didn't wish to push the matter further as I respected her relationship status etc.

Prob is, this girl now that we're all on vacation phoned me today saying that she is on a break with her bf because she feels closer to me.

Cheers
      To summarize,

She has been in an ldr with the guy that was the love of her life. She’s on break with him now because she’s willing to do you and you’re so much more convenient.

Sounds like she’s into serial monogamous fb’s, oops I meant serial relationships.

Next…

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bunty64)
      she wants you!
      She wants me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by >Anna<)
      An advice given by the female vampire who suck :sexface: Edward's blood. I wonder how it feels to have sex with a vampire. :cool: Can you get it clear for me, dear?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by f1rules)
      Alright people,

Cheers
      Discover whether it is the first time she proceeds like this, analyse the data and if you think that she is stable within relationships and wants to interchange her current boyfriend with you e.g. because it already did not go well with him, the result is positive and you should take the chance is you like her. Otherwise it could mean that she gets easily bored and you could find yourself put aside in three months just like him now because frankly, there is almost always someone better in sight for some people.

ReputationRep:
      If the act of spreading her legs open could have a word-form equivalent, this is it.

What to do? PUT IT IN, MITE!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.