The Student Room Group

is from now to 12th Jan enough time to revise a retake exam and get atleast a B?

is it?
Reply 1
Only you can really answer...
Reply 2
you are sooo helpful.
Reply 3
Are you kidding me?

Of course it is. Thats easy I have to learn 6 retakes by 12th Jan.
If it's anything like Maths / Chemistry / Physics (i.e. you use the knowledge from previous modules in later parts of the course) then yes.
Reply 5
Original post by Prikstera
Are you kidding me?

Of course it is. Thats easy I have to learn 6 retakes by 12th Jan.

i have got psychology unit 1, business unit 2, i.t unit 2 and a2 exam :/
im so stressed, do u genuinely think it is actually possible?? I keep revising thinking in my head is this worth if i get the same or not as good grade again. I need ideally a mid B in the paper at-least to gain an A overall. The exam is on 12th Jan, im thinking of even revising stuff on x mas day lol whats ur plan waht should i do?
Reply 6
I hope so....:cool:
Original post by gchaggar75
is it?

There are lots of ifs and buts on this one.

What subject?
How many papers?
What did you get last time?
How much work had you done?
Why do you think you didn't pass last time?
How much work have you got to do ie do you need to read through the work to understand it or just to recall it?
Is is just a case of doing past papers?

Do you think you have got enough time?
Will you turn off the modem and spend all day working or will you spend 10 minutes studying for every half hour on TSR and Facebook?
How often will you decide to clean out your room in the next 3 weeks (just to pass the time)?
When you have answered all those questions I think you will have worked out the answer - and don't forget to unplug the modem. Come back when you get your results and tell us the outcome.
Reply 8
Original post by ollienbert
There are lots of ifs and buts on this one.

What subject?
How many papers?
What did you get last time?
How much work had you done?
Why do you think you didn't pass last time?
How much work have you got to do ie do you need to read through the work to understand it or just to recall it?
Is is just a case of doing past papers?

Do you think you have got enough time?
Will you turn off the modem and spend all day working or will you spend 10 minutes studying for every half hour on TSR and Facebook?
How often will you decide to clean out your room in the next 3 weeks (just to pass the time)?
When you have answered all those questions I think you will have worked out the answer - and don't forget to unplug the modem. Come back when you get your results and tell us the outcome.

ok
Reply 9
haha yessss.
more than enough time, even for detailed subjects.
as long as you went to the classes you will have a basic knowledge, it's just refreshing your memory and expanding the knowledge you have into the more detailed aspects.
plenty of time, enjoy your christmas :smile:
Reply 10
It's completely dependent on yourself; I've until now to some point in January to revise for three retakes and get at least As in each.
i hope so, i've got one on the 12th jan and havn't started revising yet:L
I, too, hope so.

Historyfail :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by MAlec
It's completely dependent on yourself; I've until now to some point in January to revise for three retakes and get at least As in each.

Have u started at all? I really need top grades too
Reply 14
Have u started at all? I really need top grades too

Aiming to begin properly on Thursday; like an idiot I agreed to working 18 hours overtime over tomorrow and Wednesday, I'll try and start in my lunch break though.
Reply 15
you are sooo helpful.

Don't be a douche!

What he said is 100% true.

It is down to YOU whether it is enough time. If you revise a lot then yes, why not? If you don't put in the effort then probably not!
Reply 16
Original post by GBateman
Don't be a douche!

What he said is 100% true.

It is down to YOU whether it is enough time. If you revise a lot then yes, why not? If you don't put in the effort then probably not!

you are so right, thats it from tomorrow im fully revising i have a full 3 weeks. I will test the theory and let you know grade i get! :colondollar::smile:
Reply 17
HEY EVERYONE just to let you know i got a B! I revised literally 5 days before, so if i actually had revised when i i posted this, i would have got an A Lol
Reply 18
HEY EVERYONE just to let you know i got a B! I revised literally 5 days before, so if i actually had revised when i i posted this, i would have got an A Lol

Congratulations, but you should of started earlier.
Reply 19
Original post by Prikstera
Congratulations, but you should of started earlier.

ah never mind, i hate the subject, all i need is a B oveall should be alright to acheive

Quick Reply

Latest