Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a positive sign if you are into a guy and his friend becomes friendly with you? Watch

I have really liked a guy for more than a year now. about a year ago his friend asked me out of the blue if I wanted to meet up, which I was thought was very random as I hardly knew him, but he seened a nice guy so I agreed (just as friends!) anyway we ended up talking about the guy I liked - I brought him up, but tried to make sure I didn't give my feelings away. then a couple of days later the friend texted me to say I should join him and my crush in town. I couldn't make it, so this guy then phoned me and made my crush speak to me, who sounded like he didn't want to, and we had this very awkward phone conversation. the friend said something in the background, but I couldn't hear what it was, so I said 'what was that?' and my crush said 'oh just ignore him, he doesn't know what he's talking about' and came off the phone.

since this bizarre phone call, my crush's friend and I have become friends, and he sometimes asks to meet up. the second time we did, he said something about my crush and then smiled, and whenever I mentioned my crush he would start smiling (!) and he eventually said 'oh you used to fancy him didn't you' and so I confessed that I did and asked him not to say anything, but he had a big smirk on his face which I guessed meant that he wasn't going to keep quiet :/
    I said to this guy 'oh I think he likes *a random girl*' and he just laughed.
    and when I tried to ask him if my crush liked me or not, he didn't answer straight away and then said 'I can't say.'

over the year when ive mentioned the guy I like over FB chat or something, his friend will be like 'oh lets meet up soon' and when we do, he always brings up my crush and then seems to study my reaction to what he says, like he'll imply about us getting together.

does this sound like he knows something, be it positive or negative or could he just be messing me about & thinks its funny because he knows I'm interested in his friend?

W t f!!!

ReputationRep:
      How old are you? :s
      This sounds like the kinda thing 12 year olds do..
      Why can't you just hang out with this 'crush' without his weird friend?

ReputationRep:
      say what?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, act like an adult. Ask your crush out just like his friend has to you. Then gauge HIS reaction, not some little goon who's got his head into everyone else's business that he can't take care of his own.

ReputationRep:
      Run! He's going to rape you!

ReputationRep:
      this is bizarre blud

(Original post by Steezy)
      Ask your crush out just like his friend has to you.
      What? his friend hasn't asked me out..o_O

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      What? his friend hasn't asked me out..o_O
      I mean out as in casually meeting, like the friend did to op. Come on, pick it up

ReputationRep:
      You've liked this guy for a year and you've not done anything about it? Kinda confused here. Seriously how long do you plan on waiting and why are you wasting time on his friend instead of the guy you like? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      He want's you for himself.

ReputationRep:
      Pretty sure his friend likes you, but you've made it so blatant you like his friend that he must just feel like sh*t

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.