Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Census trouble, what do i do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first post so i guess i should introduce myself :rolleyes:. Im not a student havent been for a few years now currently work. I repeatedly stumble across this website googling stuff up. Have to thank you all for the extremely invaluable info on the telephone call:call: for the census job as it did prep me nicely.

Reason why i signed up is because even with the prepared answer to the question i still managed to screw it up. Anyways i was kicking myself and my mind wandered whilst the operator on the phone was telling me stuff. I wasnt really listening cos i was still thinking what a retard i was for getting tongue tied and stuttering my answer out.

Anyways she (the operator) gave me a telephone number and asked if id like to write it down, only I DONT KNOW WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS NUMBER! i know, stupid question but have a passed or failed what do i do with the number?

I remember hearing something about three references to be given but this was said between me answering the "team" question and getting offered the number.

Thanks in advance guys.:xmasgrin:

ReputationRep:
    dont want to be a pain but really did i need to call that number or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill8)
    dont want to be a pain but really did i need to call that number or something?
    hey there,
    i just had my census phone interview 10mins ago and at the end he asked if i wanted to be given a number to ring if i had any questions. i said no and that i would look it up online if i needed it.

so i think that that may be the number you were given, in which case you only need to ring it if you have any questions.

hope that helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.