Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ghosts :S ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In our house we have a history of strange this happening, for the fifteen years we have lived there, all six of us (three now living in their own houses), have experienced and "seen" many "things".
    Now I won't go into every story, for the sake of looking idiotic or like a drama queen.

Nothing has been heard or seen for a couple of years now, we used to hear the computer keyboard being smashed around for hours at night and when we'd open the door, it would stop. Bearing in mind, this would happen in front of five or six of us, including visitors.

That has since stopped.

TONIGHT: Me, my step Dad and my Mother are sitting watching some film,- Die Hard I think.
    All of a sudden the main light of the room comes on,- it is switched off at the wall, and the cords are.
    The light stays on for a few minutes, I **** myself, and then it turns back off again.
    We hear no clicking sound, or anything.

Now loads of thing happened as I and my Sisters were growing up,- banging in rooms, chairs scraping when everyone is in bed, tv's turning on randomly, people apparently seeing things on the stairs (including my mother), doors being thrown wide open by thin air and most often the computer keyboard sounding like it's being typed on really harshly with the room empty. But nothing for a good few years.

What would you do about the above? Are we just paranoid?
    I mean, I am 100% not trolling here, I really don't think it's paranormal even with everything else which i've experienced here,- but what could have caused that?

ReputationRep:
    Assuming it's an old house an electrical fault is quite likely?

ReputationRep:
    Get a priest to perform an exorcism on the house.

ReputationRep:
    When there's something strange,
    In the neighbourhood,
    Who you gonna call?

ReputationRep:
    I was 12, I woke up, saw a shadow with some eyes and I got so scared that I ran around screaming and crying upstairs then I tripped and fell down the stairs got a nose bleed.

They exist.

ReputationRep:
    England is haunted. most of the castles and even the tower of Lodon is haunted.

Try to find out more about that house or the area you live in. maybe somebody has died in there. you´ll never know. but don´t panic. try to be relaxed or move to somewhere else in order to prevent nightmares. Before you decide to do that, I would try to check electricity and feel comfortable there. make it your home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Assuming it's an old house an electrical fault is quite likely?
    We had the hose rewired and central heating fitted when we brought it, and last year had a gas and electrical safety inspection which cost quite a bit,- something to do with insurance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure i have a ghost lurking around my room. Thanks for reminding me.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good story line for paranormal activity 3 there....
    I'd probably crap myself though so i shouldn't joke..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie.g)
    Sounds like a good story line for paranormal activity 3 there....
    I'd probably crap myself though so i shouldn't joke..
    It's not terrifying like that though, it's just as if there is no need. I mean, there's no need to turn the bloody light on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    When there's something strange,
    In the neighbourhood,
    Who you gonna call?
    :bumps::bumps::clap2: rofl!!! I love you.... very funny. useless but funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drunk punx)
    when there's something strange,
    in the neighbourhood,
    who you gonna call?
    ghostbuster!

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about getting your house blessed by a priest? Are your family Christians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    We had the house rewired and central heating fitted when we brought it, and last year had a gas and electrical safety inspection which cost quite a bit,- something to do with insurance.
    Hmmm, must be paranormal then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGuy)
    Have you thought about getting your house blessed by a priest? Are your family Christians?
    Not Christian no, not really of any faith :/

ReputationRep:
    recently in my house there has been banging noises upstairs when i am downstairs , also me and my family have felt as though there was someone walking around upstairs.

about a month ago a big pot of paint which was nowhere near the stairs made a huge bang upstairs and the contents were thrown all over the wall and the stairs on my stair case,

also i swear i have heard someone talking upstairs

and i have seen shadows go past my door

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    Not Christian no, not really of any faith :/
    buy a necklace made of garlic... lol your friends will love you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthi007)
    buy a necklace made of garlic... lol your friends will love you...
    We're good people though

ReputationRep:
    Personally, it would scare me to death! I don't think I could live in the house anymore.. but then again I wouldn't know what I'd do unless it actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    I have noticed that with these high profile haunting cases ,especially poltergeists and 'possessions' ,it tends to be a family with young children especially little girls and they also are church going christians or have a strong belief in christianity.

That makes me wonder about two scenarios to explain it. Either their faith means they are more open to the idea of supernatural beings and a family of non believers perhaps wouldn't go to the conclusion of the supernatural being the reason for odd incidents.The power of suggestion could mean,that the family play off each other, creating the situation. I have also read that emotionally disturbed people or people going through puberty have some kind of energy force which means things can happen,such as odd noises and electrical issues, but that doesn't mean there is a haunting.

The second scenario is more sinister. In that dark forces sense vunerability in a christian family due to their belief in god, in that already they are accepting the idea of supernatural power, and also that these forces see a families christian beliefs as a challenge or a threat and they enjoy upsetting them out of a perverse pleasure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.