Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

call me gay but...hair straighteners? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently I use my sisters GHD straighteners to straighten my frnge (yes im male) because when i do it looks pretty cool, and i then quickly heat up all my other hair and make it look fluffy with them. My hair is naturally quite straight but they add a nice effect I think.

Now, I should invest in some, but I dont want to pay £90 for a pair, are there any brands and models that can possibly give pretty similar results to GHDs at a fraction of the price?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Babyliss? I don't think its gay. I haven't used a straightener before, but I know a guy who has(as he once had long curly hair)

ReputationRep:
    BaByliss make good ones but ultimately, regardless of the brand, it comes down to how much you are willing to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Get a hair cut, if it gets to the point you need straighteners it's a clue you need a hair cut. Justin Beiber's hair wraps around his face and looks wierd, I dunno why people would want to look like that.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't use gay as an insult/to suggest you're girly and or/lame. anyone can use them or choose not to use them...

ReputationRep:
    I use toni and guy, I got mine for around £30 and I actually really like them.

Of course, after Christmas day you'll probably get a better price, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think the term is "metrosexual" :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Tried it once, looked like a young Jonathan Ross, never did it again.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I think Babyliss is a pretty good brand for straighteners and they've got loads of straighteners that you can choose from! Ideally, I'd get one with a swivel cord so you can move the straightener as you style easily like a GHD.

P.s. I don't think guys using hair straigteners are gay lol

Hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    Lol I think quite a lot of guys straighten their hair...it doesn't make you gay...

ReputationRep:
    GHDs are the besttttt!! if not i think Remington straighteners are great

ReputationRep:
    Gay. You asked for it.

ReputationRep:
    It's a sad day for society when people find it socially acceptable for men to straighten their hair.

roll on the neg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lack of Creativity)
    It's a sad day for society when people find it socially acceptable for men to straighten their hair.
    It's a sad day for society when people find it acceptable for you to make comments like that

ReputationRep:
    Straighteners are quite ironic, seeing as they make you gayer.

ReputationRep:
    I've always had remmington ones, but I've never felt the need to try GHDs as my hair is only a bit wavy. Remmington straightners are fairly cheap, you can get them from Boots, superdrug and some supermarkets (I think I've seen them in Sainsburys).

ReputationRep:
    Hair straighteners don't make you look gay, gay guys have more style than that. They just make you look like an **** with a rubbish haircut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    Straighteners are quite ironic, seeing as they make you gayer.
    Deep. :holmes:

I want to use that now.

ReputationRep:
    Everything is gay.

K, people, argument over?

Sheesh, seriously, 'gay' isthe most used word in my school. People even use it to address non-life things eg, recent exam results are gay *facepalm*

Oh TC i also straighten my hair. Quite a lot of guys to id in my classes as well.

ReputationRep:
    My brother used to steal my straighteners all the time for his fringe, until he got a pair of those miniature straighteners. They seem to do the job just as well, are generally cheaper (I think the Babyliss ones are about £12-15?) and are right size if your just doing your fringe!
    And no, he's not gay

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.