Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to ruin the fluency of my work by just mentioning a reference to support something which i experienced.So how can i include the reference so that it sounds good?

For e.g, This author states.......

What other opening sentences could i use?

ReputationRep:
    Smith (2010) states...
    Smith (2010) argues...
    This concurs with Smith (2010)
    This is in line with Smith (2010)

Or if you have a good paragraph, you can just stick it at the end.

e.g.

"A rehabilitation programme combination aerobic and strengthening exercise has been shown to be beneficial for patients with MS (Dalgas et al, 2008)"

bit hard to say without knowing more about it. Once you've introduced the paper you can then say "the authors argue..." etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.