Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

My flight was cancelled so I'm stuck in Bristol over christmas. Questions:

1. Any ideas what I can do to keep from dying of bordem?
    2. Anyone wanna do something with me?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, wish I was stuck in Bristol! Just finished uni there and loved the whole thing! Might be a bit dull on your own though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrow-legs)
    Aww, wish I was stuck in Bristol! Just finished uni there and loved the whole thing! Might be a bit dull on your own though
    Nah you don't want to be "stuck" there! It's a great place but seriously I'm glad I left yesterday just as the snow had been falling for a couple of hours - the whole place was gridlock (good thing I knew the back roads!!) then had to endure an 8-hour drive back to Newcastle

But yeah to answer the OP will you not get a rescheduled flight before Christmas? Snow's meant to die off next few days so here's hoping!!

ReputationRep:
    if the motorways are ok, i should be in bristol for christmas visiting family. but looking at weather and motorways, it doesnt look too likely!
    where were you meant to be going to? home?

ReputationRep:
    Wanna have a snow ball fight on the Downs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camelfarmer)
    Hi everyone.

My flight was cancelled so I'm stuck in Bristol over christmas. Questions:

1. Any ideas what I can do to keep from dying of bordem?
    2. Anyone wanna do something with me?
    I'm stuck at home and not in a good part of Bristol.

Maybe hang around Cabot circus, with so many restaurants and cafes around, you have a large choices if someone kicks you out for staying too long

ReputationRep:
    I was supposed to fly to Sri Lanka, I'm not looking for a rescheduled flight cause the flights were fully booked as is it was and atleast 5 were cancelled. Plus I'd only have a few days and it wouldn't be worth it.

As to the guy who offered to snow ball flight me, I'll do it. Everyone else, thanks for the replies...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.