Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do girls know when they are fertile? Watch

I have always wondered this since experts say there are changes physically and emotionally when a woman is ovulating at her peak

ReputationRep:
    'How would you like your eggs today dear?'

'Fertalised, I'm feeling fruitful.'

:zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    'How would you like your eggs today dear?'

'Fertalised, I'm feeling fruitful.'

:zomg:
    ugh no Balut for me please! One of the things I just couldn't try...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    ugh no Balut for me please! One of the things I just couldn't try...
    hahaha I've tried that!

ReputationRep:
    :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    hahaha I've tried that!
    ugh did ya peel the shell so you could see the almost fully formed foetus? Is the weird mixture of texture not..gag worthy?

ReputationRep:
    Not really - which is why the rhythm method advised by the catholic church is the worlds least reliable type of birth control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    ugh did ya peel the shell so you could see the almost fully formed foetus? Is the weird mixture of texture not..gag worthy?
    Yes, i saw everything. I even looked at it when i was about to put it in my mouth. haha
    Im proud to say i didn't gag or anything. It was actually delicious.
    It's like eating the yellow part of the hard boiled egg.
    You should try it

ReputationRep:
    I can, but that's only because i know my cycle and i generally just feel happier, more confident and in a good mood around ovulation than around the time just before my period is due. It doesn't mean im fertile and ready to go, but i just generally happier around the first week of the cycle.

TBH I'm pretty sure I know when I'm ovulating but I wouldn't rely on it by any means. I'm horny as **** for like one week- it'd be logical I'd be the most fertile then. Then for the rest of it I'm substantially less as aroused(like the same as I'm on my period where I'm quite clearly infertile).
    Though I don't think that all woman would have come to this conclusion for whatever reason.

back on topic please

Like people tell me womens hips are often larger when they are most fertile, is this true? and to what extent

ReputationRep:
    Well, if they have learnt about it yeah, otherwise no, girls don't know when they are most fertile, but they obviously do know when they want to have sex the most, so if they put 2 and 2 together they would probably realise :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    First of all, emotional and physical changes aren't necessarily just during ovulation. Secondly, most girls don't have a good enough understanding of the menstrual cycle to be able to tell whether or not they're ovulating even if they do notice any physical changes. So the best way to know if you're ovulating is to monitor your basal body temperature. But semen can live for 3-7 days inside a woman's body so it's not exactly useful as contraception.

Up to 20% of all women experience localised pain during ovulation, and of course those women can tell (if they know what it means). Some women can even tell which ovary provides the egg that particular month.

There's usually a week in the month when I'm most horny, so I guess that's probably when I'm most fertile...

I have no idea, and most girls probably don't either. I've never really had physical or emotional changes during my cycle (with the exception of horrible cramps when my period starts), so I've nothing to base it on. Even if someone did have such changes, it wouldn't really be at all conclusive; they could be feeling horny for other reasons, for instance. However, girls could still work it out obviously if they know when their last period was (again, I have no clue about this because I'm on contraception that stops my periods), how long their cycle is and how the menstrual cycle works, but it's far from an exact science.

Also, after a quick google & reference to my own life experience, the bigger hips during ovulation thing seems like a complete myth.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.