Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend gave me my xmas present last night... it was a pandora charm bracelet and 4 little charms.. i wasn't expecting anything quite so lovely, but i'm so thankful to him.
    Thing is i'm short of money and wasn't going to be able to get his present till after xmas which he said he fully understands and said he doesn't mind cuz he knows i'll get him something great... but i feel bad about him waiting till then and the thing is i have savings in my credit union at home... i could get a 2hour bus journey back withdraw the money and come back to uni again.. buy his presents and give them to him this eve... what do you think?
    I know he said he understand but i won't see him over xmas when he goes home to his family and i don't want it to be like i got her this but she hasn't given me anything yet... do you think it's understanable being a poor student and all or will i look like a right *****??

ReputationRep:
    It's very understandable.
    I don't get paid until Christmas eve so I'm not getting my boyfriends present until after Christmas.

He said it was okay, don't travel 2 hours there and back for some money!

ReputationRep:
    You won't look like a *****! It's perfectly understandable and on the plus side, you'll sneakily be able to hit the sales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipskylark)
    You won't look like a *****! It's perfectly understandable and on the plus side, you'll sneakily be able to hit the sales
    ooo there seems to be a positive correlation between your predicted grades and your wit. :cool:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.