The Student Room Group

Career or family? Which would you choose?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
Well I say, I don't give a **** if it's the "natural" thing to do. I couldn't care about family or whatever. Career comes first.

Yeah cool.
Reply 81
Original post by TheSownRose
My dad always said he didn't want kids. Then he became neutral, then I came along ... and he says the happiest times of his life were spent with me.

Could be a man thing.
Reply 82
Choose career fairly quickly . . .. Bad Person? Not sure
I choose career. I understand why others would pick family, but their are many other things I want to achieve before even thinking about having family.
I'd rather make a difference in scientific research first, and be happy in my career than stay at home with kids and have no career as I personally would feel unfulfilled.
It's not that I don't want a family, I just think I would only be a decent mother/spouse if I were happy i.e. doing work I loved.
Then again, I'm only seventeen, so maybe things will be different when the ol' biological clock starts ringing :wink:
Reply 84
Original post by ch0llima
You really need to juggle both, especially if you're female. I'll get negged for the reasoning behind my opinion however.

Why especially if you're female?

Anyways, I'd choose family, hands down. I intend to do both, but I don't think the joy that a fulfilling career and lots of money can bring will compare to that of a loving partner and kids.
Family but obviously I want a career as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending