Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

* Have you ever had a crush on someone and saw them went out with other people? Watch

Annon please? My friends know me here.

Pretty much what the title say. I had a huge crush for this girl, walked up yesterday and saw her with someone else I should have asked her out when I had change, now it hurts a lot seeing them together.
    How did you get over it?

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Just got to give it some time and youll feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, like all the time... *sigh*

The other day I was at a wedding and this girl was there who was amazing, then she added me of Facebook the next day after we talked a while at the wedding. I got my hopes up and then realised she was already in a relationship!

Absolutely gutted!

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah... i've kind of had a crush on my friend of 6 years and have seen him have numerous girlfriends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Stop being a pussy.
    stfu robot.

I thought this guy really liked me too because we kept getting together on nights out and all his friends were beaming at me, then I watched him straddling my housemate's fresher 'kid' up against a wall in a club. Ouch.

Just see how it pans out. I went for coffee with my guy the next day and he said he does actually like me and couldn't remember what the hell had happened...

If she's not with a friend then she's fair game :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is seeing her with another guy not enough to get over her?

I had a crush on someone for 6 years (though out teenage years) and only got over that crush when I saw him with someone else. However, 7 years later they're still together, I don't have any feeling's for him, and yet it still hurts a little bit when I see them together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Stop being a pussy.
    Lol, your sig is related to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had a crush on a guy for about two years, and he liked me back, and we got with each other at a party (AND he then asked me out, but he was drunk and I was going away the next week so I said we'd discuss it when I got back... definitely regret that!) After AS results came out, he decided that he couldn't have a girlfriend anyway because he had to focus on resits and didn't want to 'hurt' me by having mood swings etc. Fair enough, I thought.

About a month later I discovered he was dating someone else. Class A ****.

ReputationRep:
    I got with this really hot girl once, who was a friend of my housemate. We talked for ages on facebook, then I saw her again and she was chatting to this other guy being really flirty and looked at me a few times with a look that said "come and compete". I just looked back like "nope, not a mug". Now she's going out with this guy and he's a wierd little ugly fella. It sort of upsets me a tiny bit when I see them, but she's really bossy to this guy, so I'm thinking I may have dodged a bullet...

ReputationRep:
    Aha, yeah...he went out with my bestie too, I was still good friends with her; just bitter. :grr:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it really does hurt.

I don't think I'm still completly over it, but I pretend to be. It's really hard to, especially when they're a really good friend and you think that they like you too.

But it just takes time..

ReputationRep:
    I think you should try and get a moment alone with her and tell her how you really feel otherwise you will kick yourself forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)
    Yeah, it really does hurt.

I don't think I'm still completly over it. It's really hard to, especially when they're a really good friend and you think that they like you too.
    this.

ReputationRep:
    happens with almost every other girl i fall for :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this happened to me. It sucks, but you just have to try to accept it and deal with it. Though, after he broke up with her, I ended up going out with him anyway

(Original post by Cape_Booth)
    I think you should try and get a moment alone with her and tell her how you really feel otherwise you will kick yourself forever
    I even if she say yes we would never be happy right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.