This discussion is closed.
sightoplasm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey guys, just checked the exam timetables for my june AS exams and it appears i have 4 exams for 2 different subjects and each exam being 1.5 hours and all for pm on the same day!

I realise this is a clash, but since this being my first AS year i am not sure how they sort this out.

Since the pm exams start at 2:00 will i have 7 hours of exams one after the other on the same day, or will they arrange it so i'll have some exams in am and the others in pm?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sightoplasm)
Hey guys, just checked the exam timetables for my june AS exams and it appears i have 4 exams for 2 different subjects and each exam being 1.5 hours and all for pm on the same day!

I realise this is a clash, but since this being my first AS year i am not sure how they sort this out.

Since the pm exams start at 2:00 will i have 7 hours of exams one after the other on the same day, or will they arrange it so i'll have some exams in am and the others in pm?

you'll sit them throughout the day...but your only allowed to do so mayn hours a day..so you may have to stay over night.

love Katy ***
sightoplasm
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
you'll sit them throughout the day...but your only allowed to do so mayn hours a day..so you may have to stay over night.

love Katy ***
Stay overnight in schoool????? :confused:
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Stay overnight in schoool????? :confused:
Maybe go with a teacher? Or maybe get a written note from your parents at home that they supervised you? Don't worry about it- I had this problem last year but they made me do it all in the same day in isolation..
munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
last year i had nine exams in one day, and since i was goin into hospital th next day i sat them all in one day...from six in morning till bout eleven at night...so four isnt too bad! You will b fine, just tlk to ur exam co-ordinator about what can be done
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by munchie_rox)
last year i had nine exams in one day, and since i was goin into hospital th next day i sat them all in one day...from six in morning till bout eleven at night...so four isnt too bad! You will b fine, just tlk to ur exam co-ordinator about what can be done
Some people at our college lst year sat 9 hours of exams on one day... those doing English, Film, and Critical Thinking. They had to stay at college until 8.00.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

You'll sit some in the morning, and after which you'll be put into isolation, until the afternoon session starts, and then you'll do some more !

Happy Days !
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that is so scary !!!
munchie_rox
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
Some people at our college lst year sat 9 hours of exams on one day... those doing English, Film, and Critical Thinking. They had to stay at college until 8.00.
what on earth is critical thinking???
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A lot to do with logic problems, when you have to carefully think about the questions, and probably the options it gives as an answer.
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know a girl who had 9 hours of AS levels scheduled for the same day last year. I only had 6 that day - but it was my birthday though
londongirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did it in yrs 8 and 9 as part of a gifted and talented thingy. solving stuff and thinking... critically.. lol.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
I sat 6 papers last year (began rediculously early)!!! If I could offer one piece of advice it would that if you think that your results will be affected by the long exam period, make sure you take the option to spend the night at an evigilators house!!! Your results will be around for much longer than one night and I really wish I had taken this option rather than sitting all those exams!!!
munchie_rox
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
A lot to do with logic problems, when you have to carefully think about the questions, and probably the options it gives as an answer.
is It an a level? i have never heard of it!...sounds funny, critical thinkin! hee hee (titter)
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
is It an a level? i have never heard of it!...sounds funny, critical thinkin! hee hee (titter)
Just an AS I believe, go find it on one of the exam board websites, think OCR do it...

[edit]Indeed they do... find out a bit more about it here in the specification
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yikes, that must have been awful!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just an AS I believe, go find it on one of the exam board websites, think OCR do it...

[edit]Indeed they do... find out a bit more about it here
The link doesn't take us to an info page.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The link doesn't take us to an info page.
Try again, should be linking to the Spec. *pdf file.

and here for some Speciman Tests (pdf)
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Try again, should be linking to the Spec. *pdf file.

and here for some Speciman Tests (pdf)
That one works!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads