Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is he interested ? How to tell ? Watch

Announcements

Basically I have a christmas job at the moment and theres a staff member there who i like and think theres a chance he may like me too.
    I first saw him nearly 2 weeks ago as i had to go to him several times to collect things , he spoke to me and joked about something and everytime i went to him he smiled at me.

Since then everytime we have passed each other he has said hi and asked me how i am . The other day we passed each other twice in the space of under an hour and he spoke to me both times and smiled and i think he seemed a bit embarrassed as he sort of did a "mini laugh " and think he was a bit red faced if you know what i mean.Yesterday i walked past him but he didn't see until the last minute but still said "hi you alrite" just as i had gone past.

Basically do you think this sounds like he may like me or he was just being friendly?

I leave the job on thursday and don't know what to do.

I have found out his name ( heard another staff member talk to him ) and i found him on facebook but dunno whether to add him and he may wonder how i know his full name and may think i am a bit weird or something.

any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Speak to him and say - are you on facebook? Ask for his full name & then you can add. It sounds like he likes you, lads don't usually act coy unless there's a meaning for it. So go for it

Thing is , I am shy especially when it comes to telling guys i like them as I have had bad experiences in the past and it would be just my luck to find out that he actually doesn't like me and i am just reading the signs wrong.

But yeah i deffo wanna try

ReputationRep:
    If you're leaving the job you need to get his name and/or number first. You don't need/want to tell him, or even show him that you like him yet. Tbf it's just a crush until you actually know him in my opinion. All you need to show is that you could be interested, that should be achieved by asking for his name ( probably the less risky option as asking for a number is a tad more suggestive).

Alternatively, if you're going to be leaving this job you might want to just go balls out, so to speak, and ask him out for a drink or some food. What's the worst that could happen? I'd definitely recommend just getting him on facebook and speaking to him when possible, see if he pops up to you etc. ( seems like he will if he's always initiating conversations ) he's probably wondering the same thing as you.

ok thanks

any more opinions?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ask if he has facebook! If you're leaving the job, it's the perfect way to stay in contact! If he says 'no' then you know that he's not interested. If he says 'yes' then add him, and speak to him over that, if it goes well, then you can arrange to meet up

ok

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.