Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How are you spending Summer after GCSE's? :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    i know its a while away but after doing all the work im sure it will be nice to relax for a bit especially if you've taken modules which have been spread out/are going to be spread out throughout the year like me!
    so are you going anywhere nice? thinking of AS?
    good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Getting a job, volunteering, work experience etc.

Looking forward to the summer holidays so much to experience. And of course, I'm really excited about starting year 12!

ReputationRep:
    Um hopefully holiday with my dad for 2 weeks, and maybe just party the rest

ReputationRep:
    The summer after my GCSEs was one of the best summers ever.
    I took my GCSE's when I was 15 (my birthday is in July) so after my exams were done I went on holiday to Majorca with my family and my best mate. It was good because I spend the early evening with my family and mate, and then later on it would just be us two so my parents weren't in the way. I spent my 16th birthday there.
    Then when I came back I spent loads of time with friends having various parties and chilling in the field near our house.
    It was goooooooooooood.

ReputationRep:
    Revising for your A Levels, if you know what's good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    Revising for your A Levels, if you know what's good for you.
    Party pooper :aetsch:

I'll probably be getting work experience, volunteering, maybe getting a job too, going on holiday and possibly moving country

ReputationRep:
    Travelling, which unfortunately involves money. I really need to start preparing for it though. I've got a potential job lined up at the moment and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I spent the summer of this year partying and working - probably the best summer of my life so far. My advice? Don't waste it! And don't study! It's the last chance to feel free before A Levels come and take up your time!

ReputationRep:
    I want to do what I did last summer but for longer . I stayed up 'til like 11 AM every day and from 4-8 AM would be cycling or running. It's so awesome to go cycling on the roads at like 5 AM when no one's out . I'll probably do some reading too and stuff on the round-abouts(is that what they're called or is that something in playgrounds? I suck at names) :P. You'd think the novelty would wear off but it didn't XD.
    Also will probably do a lot of coding too ^_^(C++).
    I'll probably meet up with some friends too over the summer if I'm up early enough(that's the only bad thing, I feel really tired for the first hour, then can't get back to sleep no matter how hard I try :/).
    I ****ing love the summer (and Winter too to be fair ^_^).
    For AS I plan to take Further Maths, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics though if the college doesn't allow me to do 5 then I'll not bother with Biology :P. I might do some revision for them but tbh I hate being in a classroom being taught stuff I already know and it takes the fun out of it(I usually wouldn't say fun but I'm really happy thinking about summer).
    EMZ=]
    EDIT: Why the neg ? Did I sound cocky about the AS thing >_<? I just have a tendency to read around subjects a lot 'cause I have free-time, I'm not trying to imply above average intelligence or anything .

ReputationRep:
    I'm going travelling with my friends- Denmark, then Sweden, then somewhere else, hopefully Iceland or Russia, then back for V festival, then straight into A levels. That's the bank balance destroyed...

ReputationRep:
    Dont be excited about year 12. It sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ari Ben Canaan)
    Dont be excited about year 12. It sucks.
    True dat.

I think I spent the Year 11 summer holiday doing nothing. I hardly went out, just a few times out with my girlfriend at the time and once or twice with friends. It was such a waste of a summer (which is highly in contrast to my next two summer holidays).

ReputationRep:
    DONT WASTE IT
    BEST SUMMER OF MY LIFE!

You could always leave work experience to summer holidays between year 12 and 13, during the end of year 12 or during term time,- I did!

DO NOT START REVISION FOR YOUR A LEVELS,
    1) You don't need to
    2) There's no need
    3) You really don't need to
    4) Please, just don't

Oh and I enjoyed year 12, it's nothing like people expect, but it's what you make of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    True dat.

I think I spent the Year 11 summer holiday doing nothing. I hardly went out, just a few times out with my girlfriend at the time and once or twice with friends. It was such a waste of a summer (which is highly in contrast to my next two summer holidays).

(Original post by super.teve)
    DONT WASTE IT
    BEST SUMMER OF MY LIFE!

You could always leave work experience to summer holidays between year 12 and 13, during the end of year 12 or during term time,- I did!

DO NOT START REVISION FOR YOUR A LEVELS,
    1) You don't need to
    2) There's no need
    3) You really don't need to
    4) Please, just don't

Oh and I enjoyed year 12, it's nothing like people expect, but it's what you make of it.
    I was studying in the hols :P

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSEs this year, and I spent the summer in Edinburgh at the festival, staying with friends. I also did an 82 mile walk with my Dad and went on a family holiday to Bath for a few days. It was one of the best summers every, even though I literally saw no one from school.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be in Jamaica for 3 weeks for a cousins wedding. I'm away for results day

ReputationRep:
    i'm going get a makeover for yr12
    and go to Spain if i do extra well :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    I'll be in Jamaica for 3 weeks for a cousins wedding. I'm away for results day
    same, im gonna be in America for Results Day, but i don't mind haha.

All the people saying they are gonna do work experience and volunteering during the summer are making me nervous

ReputationRep:
    Doing nothing

ReputationRep:
    I didn't exactly do anything. I was so bored and found the novelty of a 2-3 month holiday wore off pretty quickly. But make the most of it and do whatever interests you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.