Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I went sixth form for a year, before heading to college. I still got 2 AS levels, but i've lost the certificates for them. Do I need them for proof for unis I apply for? Or will they be able to check it themselves? Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    They can't check themselves.

    If you redid the same subjects or carried them on to full A Level you don't need to worry as you'll get new certificates. But if you didn't then you'll need to request copies from the exam board - you actually get a "certifying statement of results" rather than a certificate, but it's the same. It costs about £30 but may have gone up; if both are with the same exam board it will be £30 for both, but if they're different exam boards you'll need to make 2 separate requests and pay twice. It can take a few months so it's best to do it as soon as you can.
    • Thread Starter

    Excellent thanks! After reading about possibly paying £60! I searched everywhere and found them! haha, perfect!

  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.