Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gaming rig. What is it worth? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, trying to get this properly valued.

I have built this up over the years and now I want to make the turn to a Macbook as it would be better for studying on.
    Everything has been put in with care, and everything on it is legal and nothing has been moded or overclocked by me. It plays all the newest game at tops Even minecraft :O

Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
    680i Sli Mobo
    Gtx 460 1gb stock overclocked
    9800gt 1 gb dedicated physx
    3gb ddr2 ram
    750w psu
    500gb Hard drive (inc Win7 Uli 64bit, Office 2010 enterprise + selection of games)
    Blueray + Super dvd combo
    G110 logitech keyboard
    20” + 16” screen
    Speakers
    Saitek Cyborg mouse
    Antec 902 + Extra blue fan
    Blue Neons (For the hell of it)

This might be a good start for someone to get there teeth into or something.

If i dont sell it I am thinking of hackitoshing it and upgrading Ram

Lemme know what you think it is worth?

Or if you wanna make an offer email me [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    keep it, use your desktop for work at home, and use the macbook for uni

tHIS IS WHAT I DO with my gaming rig and use my macbook pro for uni work on the go

ReputationRep:
    overall id give that computer 500 pounds

ReputationRep:
    I would love to have both but cant :/

And fairs. But just to point out the software on there is worth just like £400-£600 alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny00707)

And fairs. But just to point out the software on there is worth just like £400-£600 alone
    Yeah, but a copy of Windows 7 is only £50... If I were to buy it, that's all I'd want on there. What software are you including?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yeah, but a copy of Windows 7 is only £50... If I were to buy it, that's all I'd want on there. What software are you including?
    Office Professional 2010 <-- Win7 Ultimate 64bit And around 5 games + steam account

And other stuff, but I would wipe all the stupid free stuff :/

ReputationRep:
    Maybe £400? You'd get much more if you sold the components separately.

ReputationRep:
    Yer that is what i thought when i did some number crunching:/. How would you think I would go about that. I do not want to do it on Feebay, I have given them enough money already?

ReputationRep:
    Yer that is what i thought when i did some number crunching:/. How would you think I would go about that. I do not want to do it on Feebay, I have given them enough money already?
    CEX might be a half decent shout.

ReputationRep:

Software doesn't add any value when buying second hand tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you 50 sterling.

ReputationRep:
    sell steam account seperately
    use steamcalculator to get you approx and goto cadred.org or something
    as for your rig, sell the components but also the macbook pro isnt going to do much good when you get back and want to game again

ReputationRep:
    I've always found that the techpowerup forums were a good place to sell stuff.
    If you've got a brand new account on there people might be a touch suspicious of you though, so be prepared to give some significant proof that you have what you're selling.
    Failing that, AVforums, although there are scammers occasionally on there...

ReputationRep:
    Well, thats pretty outdated, in terms of todays tech. I'd say no more than £500, though u might be able to fetch 600-700 from some ignorant punter.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go higher than £500 [EDIT: That's assuming that's a G0 stepping Q6600, else it's def. not worth more than £450]. What are the model numbers of the mobo, psu, monitors and speakers? Also stock heatsink or an aftermarket one?

FWIW I've lately thought about selling my Macbook. It's a 13" Pro. It's 16 months old (Can't remember if I bought it in Sept or Aug 09)

It's the 2.53Ghz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 9400M GPU system.
    CoconutBattery tells me it's got 79% capacity (hasn't been recalibrated mind) and it's had 265 load cycles.

Best thing is I got 3 years of AppleCare with it, so it's got another 20 months full warranty.

Bad point is I've stupidly managed to dent it. It's a little dimple on the right hand palm rest. There are also a few scratches on the underside. I'll take pictures if you are interested.

I've got all the packaging so no problem there.

I'd consider a swap with a bit of cash my way or you're welcome to bid for it.

I'm not interested in the speakers so you can keep them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.