Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 offers so far. AAA glasgow and AAB Nottingham, both for politics. As far as I know Nottingham is a better university and they have made a more generous offer. Is there any reason I should consider Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    Because Glasgow is the best city in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Campus unis suck

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow is amazing. I have friends at Nottingham, and they enjoy it, but the city is really uninspiring. Yes, it's the home of Robin Hood, but I've been there quite a few times and while it's alright, there's nothing more to it than that.
    At the end of the day, it's up to you, but I'd definitely urge you to consider Glasgow, cos it's great I also wouldn't say that Nottingham's a better university. At Glasgow, you'll get the opportunity to study other subjects as well, which is great.

ReputationRep:
    what subject? Glasgow is much better than Nottingham for Classics so you could take that it consideration

ReputationRep:
    Any reason?! There are too many reasons even to list! Nottingham as a city is nowhere near as exciting and lively as Glasgow to start off with, so if you're into your city life then consider that. Also, Glasgow has an amazing main building which makes it much more attractive than Nottingham, and then of course there's the fact it is academically a great uni.
    Plus... Scottish accents

ReputationRep:
    I got offers to both Glasgow and Nottingham too and was a bit unsure where I would choose. I eventually chose Glasgow and have never even considered I made the wrong decision. I would probably be having a great time at Nottingham too but I'm in my second year at Glasgow and love it.
    Reasons to consider:
    -Ancient University with good league table rankings
    -Beautiful main buildings
    -You get to choose 3 classes in your first year so it's very flexible
    -In a really nice area of Glasgow
    -Everyone's very friendly
    -Two student Unions

aand, if you're from England, it's cheaper to go to Scotland. If you're still confused you should definitely go and look around both campuses.

ReputationRep:
    I have to pretty much agree with all the above.

My Ex is at nottingham and whilst the uni is alright, its hardly inspiring. The city is pretty mediocre (for an english city its pretty crap to be honest).
    Glasgow is exactly the opposite, its enormous, bustling, massive uni population, massive *everything*-scene, litterally whatever your taste you'll find it here.

If you prefer campus life (i cant see why anyone would, but never the less...) then nottingham is defo gonna be better, but for a city experience dont even thing about notts, its barely a city.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.