Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommendations for PS3 games! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have recently got a PS3 and I haven't really played console games for a very long time! Back when i used to play I really enjoyed games like crash Bandicoot, the Spyro series, Mario and Ratchet and Clank.

I find games like COD and most shooting games really difficult, has anyone got any recommendations of a nice easy game that i might enjoy that is available on PS3!?

ReputationRep:
    Little Big Planet

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly, Red Dead Redemption. It's great fun, and unlike COD and other first person shooters, as a third-person shooter it's very easy to control, not to mention a good challenge. The graphics are brilliant too. Thanks to RDR, I may actually fail my impending exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    Surprisingly, Red Dead Redemption. It's great fun, and unlike COD and other first person shooters, as a third-person shooter it's very easy to control, not to mention a good challenge. The graphics are brilliant too. Thanks to RDR, I may actually fail my impending exams
    Thats the western one right? and yh i find the first person shooters really hard, so that sounds like a good idea! thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    if you like third person games you should check out the uncharted series, both of them are proberbly around £10 used now and they are great, especially the multiplayer in the second game.
    maybe a driving game, need for speed seems pretty good, although burnout paradise is much better imo.
    heavy rain also, its more of an "interactive drama" so its not difficult and the story depends on your choices, its pretty awesome

ReputationRep:
    GT5.

ReputationRep:
    I would say, you give Uncharted 2 a try and also the Assassin's Creed series (AC 2 and Brotherhood). If you like open world games, GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption and Mafia 2. In racing, Split Second is quite a good game and if you are into simulation, GT5.

ReputationRep:
    I third LBP, FIFA11 and Uncharted I guess

ReputationRep:
    MGS4 (best game I've ever played, but it's heavy. Not for casual gamers).
    Killzone 2
    Infamous
    Uncharted 2 (in some people's view, the best game on the system. BUY IT).
    Gran Turismo 5
    Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destuction (it's a few years old now, but it is still BRILLIANT).
    Warhawk
    Little Big Planet

I've only put down a few exclusives, there's no point suggesting games you can get elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Metal Gear Solid 4.

Amazing game and it doesn't focus on shooting, the stealth aspect makes it so tense & gets you so involved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia14)
    Thats the western one right? and yh i find the first person shooters really hard, so that sounds like a good idea! thanks a lot!
    you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    I have recently got a PS3 and I haven't really played console games for a very long time! Back when i used to play I really enjoyed games like crash Bandicoot, the Spyro series, Mario and Ratchet and Clank.

I find games like COD and most shooting games really difficult, has anyone got any recommendations of a nice easy game that i might enjoy that is available on PS3!?
    Ratchet and Clank
    Uncharted 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    LittleBigPlanet
    Lego Harry Potter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Ratchet and Clank
    Uncharted 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    LittleBigPlanet
    Lego Harry Potter
    is lego harry Potter any good? I quite like the sound of the lego games whats better though, the lego star wars or harry potter?

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain!
    LittleBigPlanet!

(Original post by karateworm)
      MGS4 (best game I've ever played, but it's heavy. Not for casual gamers).
      I concur. I will literally die when MGS: Rising comes out.

LITERALLY!

ReputationRep:
      Get Mass Effect 2 when it comes out for PS3 soon

ReputationRep:

I certainly recommend the Uncharted series. It is the best series I have ever played. I also enjoyed GTA 4, Rainbow Six: Vegas and Just Cause 2. Another wonderful series is Resistance, but I have to be honest, it was frightening. However, the story, gameplay, graphics and other aspects are incredible. Now I am going to buy Red Read Redemption and looking forward to buy Infamous 2 and Killzone 3.

On the contrary, I suggest you to forget about CoD series – multiplayer would not be effective at all due to slow aiming (I have played a demo). I think that mouse is necessary for this type of games.

Anyway, it would be Uncharted and Uncharted 2 to start with, from me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ritchie888)
      I concur. I will literally die when MGS: Rising comes out.

LITERALLY!
      It's cross platform, isn't been lead by Hideo Kojima and stars Raiden.
      :nopity:

(Original post by karateworm)
        It's cross platform, isn't been lead by Hideo Kojima and stars Raiden.
        :nopity:
        But he has a sword.

Your comment is invalid!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ritchie888)
        But he has a sword.

Your comment is invalid!
        To be fair, the fact he was a kick-arse cyborg ninja in MGS4 did make him pretty cool. Swords = Gamer jizz fest.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.