Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so moved back to parents for Christmas...So Annoyed!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else done this? This is my first year at Uni and have been living in halls since September, but now little aspects of living with them again are annoying me.

For example, sharing bathrooms...I miss my en-suite =(, sharing the TV......over-loving Mom and just generally suddenly going from Independent straight back to dependent in one train trip.

I used to love living with my parents and was so upset and home-sick when I left, but god I have changed so much in the space of 3 months.

I probably seem like an idiot but has anyone else experienced this when going back home for the holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RIISE)
    Anyone else done this? This is my first year at Uni and have been living in halls since September, but now little aspects of living with them again are annoying me.

For example, sharing bathrooms...I miss my en-suite =(, sharing the TV......over-loving Mom and just generally suddenly going from Independent straight back to dependent in one train trip.

I used to love living with my parents and was so upset and home-sick when I left, but god I have changed so much in the space of 3 months.

I probably seem like an idiot but has anyone else experienced this when going back home for the holidays?
    I think it's fairly normal, yeah The other thing I noticed was my friends I had at home just don't seem as interesting/cool any more, compared to all the people I've met at uni...really puts things in to perspective. I'm from quite a small town and it just doesn't seem the same any more.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should grow up.

Not sure why I'm getting negged for this? OP sounds very immature. You should respect your parents and realise that you don't have to live with them most of the time, so why not just enjoy their company? You'll regret it when they're gone.

ReputationRep:
    I think it can be hard to adjust back into home life after being away.

It doesn't bother me anymore, personally. I do a lot of the same things at home as I do at university - cooking, washing, food shopping etc - and my parents have always been very relaxed, so I don't feel like I am restricted at all. Eg, the only "rule" my parents have is that I let them know if I am not coming home at all [on nights out etc] so they can lock the front door lol.

I think it will take time but you'll find a new balance with your relationships with parents etc.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel, had this last year. This christmas break will be the longest thing ever. But then you'll slam right back into halls in January! Loved living in halls. Sucks being here, everyone is so boring

ReputationRep:
    I've found it quite difficult being home, but also difficult being at uni. I find it quite lonely at uni; I have been working so hard that I have spent a lot of time by myself, especially towards the end of term. Also, where my uni is is quite a boring and chavvy place, and also really hilly which is quite off-putting. Also having to share a house with other students is something I find quite difficult.

Being at home means that I often get woken up by my mum or my cats and I can't go out without some sort of explanation. Also, my mum seems to talk for the sake of talking. She's a very messy person too, and obsessed with Bid TV.

I think uni has made me an independent person. I'd love to live in a studio next year, but I can't afford it I don't like having to put up with other peoples mess or noise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.