Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is simple really; Do you judge people based on the clothing labels they wear?

This could be anything from:
    • Thinking someone is poor because they don't wear trendy name-brand clothing
    • Judging a person because of what they wear (Goth, Emo, Chav)
    • Thinking someone is rich / posh because they wear all name-brand clothing
    • Avoiding someone because of the way they dress

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    -Of course not
    -At times (judging not in a bad way tho, I happen to like goth style for ex)
    -No
    -Certainly not

ReputationRep:
    No, I dont really care what other people wear. Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for people who buy clothes simply for the label, its actually sad, nobody cares!

ReputationRep:
    Do I judge people on their appearance? Of course - we all do. It helps to categorise people. But I try to do it in general terms only, not individually. Thus, I would not avoid talking to someone because of his or her clothes, no matter what brand they might be. Well, I might be a bit suspicious of a girl running around in a Playboy or Hooters outfit, but whether someone wears specific labels or seemingly unbranded clothes does not make any difference for me.

I try to find decent clothes that are not branded aggressively (even though they're sometimes more expensive than branded clothes) because I find this kind of overaggressive branding (e.g. oversized letters on shirts or even jeans) a bit disturbing in general.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.