Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are guys serous when they say they prefer slim girls to big girls? Watch

This just confuses me. Because I'm slim, decent figured, yet I hardly ever get male attention. Yet, I know big girls who get guys so easily. Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing for them, I personally don't have anything against big girls. It's just what I hear in general from the media and online about "big being disgusting and slim being sexy", is very opposite to what I've been observing in my real life. And I am slightly puzzled :confused:

Thoughts?

Maybe it's not your body, maybe it's your face. Lolz

ReputationRep:
    Different types attract different guys - I'm sure this isn't a reflection on you as a person but perhaps you just happen to be associated with more girls who prefer bigger girls?

ReputationRep:
    Different guys like different things.

Also, it's not only the size of someone that people look at. Confidence, personality, sense of humour, things in common etc. All have a lot of bearing on it.

ReputationRep:
    It means the rest of you looks like the elephant man...

ReputationRep:
    Slim girls are gross and when they bend over you can see their stinkholes. Girls need meat on them for decent doggystyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This just confuses me. Because I'm slim, decent figured, yet I hardly ever get male attention. Yet, I know big girls who get guys so easily. Not that I'm saying this is a bad thing for them, I personally don't have anything against big girls. It's just what I hear in general from the media and online about "big being disgusting and slim being sexy", is very opposite to what I've been observing in my real life. And I am slightly puzzled :confused:

Thoughts?
    Maybe the guys they are with are desperate, or they are true gentlemen who think personality comes before physical attraction.

If you have no confidence or personality then you won't get any male attention. Guys are not driven by sex, sex, sex. They enjoy having fun with their partners, spending time together on an intimate level. A guy wants to go out with a girl who is sexually attractive and personally engaging. The last person a guy wants in relationship with is a barbie doll. Perhaps a one night stand but not a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Take into consideration: hair, face, SWAGGER, and just your general personality.

I knew a girl that to put it lightly was rather lard-like but still got males as her personality was pretty good, wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and wore her swagger appropriately to not always show her weight.

(ok I'm being a bit harsh, she wasn't that fat)

(Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Different types attract different guys - I'm sure this isn't a reflection on you as a person but perhaps you just happen to be associated with more girls who prefer bigger girls?
    You mean "more guys who prefer bigger girls"? Yeah, that could just be it, dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they still need some form of breasts.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they don't care what's on the outside like the media, maybe they care about personality and stuff.. plus if a guy only likes you because you look good, that relationship isn't going to last, and if girls start relying on their looks to get guys, when they're 35 and single they'll get no one.

ReputationRep:
    I would guess it depends if 'slim' means 'fit' or 'underweight'. Most guys I've talked to prefer curves over bones.

ReputationRep:
    very true, the face changes everything

ReputationRep:
    its beause the bigger girls have more onfidene and hit on guys
    they know they have to do the chasing and when guys are drunk thell do anyone

ReputationRep:
    No they are joking.

kmt dumb people these days...

If you want "attention" got to them, don't wait for them to come after you.

ReputationRep:
    You mean "more guys who prefer bigger girls"? Yeah, that could just be it, dunno.
    Ha, yes I do. Also, its not all about the physical appreance yknow. They aint all that shallow.....

ReputationRep:
    Hang out with less chubby-chasers, little mate.

If that were the case, what could I do about it?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Personality always wins with me, If there is a slim girl who is so far up herself, to me that is a big turn off. But a girl who has a good personality, who is kind, honest, is just herself and not pretending and caring, now that is a big turn on.

ReputationRep:
    They are deadly serious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.