Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bleugh. Total regret. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else completely, totally and utterly regret taking Psychology?

I do. I hate it so much. It's so boring and tedious.

Which is weird because it's the only A-Level I can remember really wanting to study for years.

Plus I need at least a B. Which I highly doubt will happen when I hate the subject matter so much.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    A-Level Psychology isn't structured very well. It can become boring, especially if you don't like the subject.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite to you, I wasn't sure I'd like it when I started studying it, but now I absolutely love it! But all the boards are different, and I'm doing the Welsh one, which I think is well structured.

Hope you do ok

ReputationRep:
    if you don't mind me asking, what's involved in psychology A(s) level?
    i was interested about taking it, but don't really know what's involved..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NyLonEd)
    Does anyone else completely, totally and utterly regret taking Psychology?

I do. I hate it so much. It's so boring and tedious.

Which is weird because it's the only A-Level I can remember really wanting to study for years.

Plus I need at least a B. Which I highly doubt will happen when I hate the subject matter so much.
    I'm in the exact same position as you!!! It has become very boring for A2 and ther'es so much to remember. And i also need a B to get into my firm uni choice grrrr

I really wish i'd taken something else like business or economics
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectronicPanda)
    if you don't mind me asking, what's involved in psychology A(s) level?
    i was interested about taking it, but don't really know what's involved..
    A-Level Psychology helps to provide a fundamental understanding of core approaches to theories and research. The subject also extends it's teaching to research methodology and statistics as a way of obtaining such psychological data.

ReputationRep:
    I'm three years into an undergraduate and I'm still regretting it.

ReputationRep:
    Hated it. Dropped it after AS.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I'm three years into an undergraduate and I'm still regretting it.
    What subject would you have taken if you had the opportunity to go back and re-apply?

ReputationRep:
    I hated everything that was set in A Level Psychology, but luckily for me I had the initiative to read around the subject- and it's from my own, extra work that I realised I wanted to study the subject at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dillio)
    What subject would you have taken if you had the opportunity to go back and re-apply?
    I wish I had applied to Medicine, hence I'm doing grad entry. Failing that I would have done neuroscience.

ReputationRep:
    Regret? Every single day.

No going back now though so just got to stick it out and do my best in A2, which btw is 100x harder than AS which back then seemed like a real challenge. Oh how wrong I was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoursSincerely)
    Regret? Every single day.

No going back now though so just got to stick it out and do my best in A2, which btw is 100x harder than AS which back then seemed like a real challenge. Oh how wrong I was.
    Luckily I don't have to do AS THANK FECK.

I just need 5 A Levels for Uni. If I could go back I'd choose Law.

Totally regret wasting my time with Media too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NyLonEd)
    Luckily I don't have to do AS THANK FECK.

I just need 5 A Levels for Uni. If I could go back I'd choose Law.

Totally regret wasting my time with Media too.
    Only 5 A Levels? Why so many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoursSincerely)
    Only 5 A Levels? Why so many?
    I want to go to university in Canada and for some reason they ask for 5 as a minimum.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I wish I had applied to Medicine, hence I'm doing grad entry. Failing that I would have done neuroscience.
    Got any replies yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexter:))
    I'm in the exact same position as you!!! It has become very boring for A2 and ther'es so much to remember. And i also need a B to get into my firm uni choice grrrr

I really wish i'd taken something else like business or economics
    Business was the biggest waste of my life. I could have included everything that year within a days worth of reading.

ReputationRep:
    i would have taken economics but my school didnt offer it and business doesnt seem to be regarded highly by uni's, which i find weird

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.