Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He stares at me when I'm looking away? Watch

Ok I just posted this the other day:

"I just got a new job in a store and am the only girl there. My manager seems to keep looking at me when I'm looking away, i.e. talking to a customer or doing computer work. He gets all 'jittery' when talking to me, which he only does when it's work related. Otherwise there can be awkward silences. Recently he's started making small talk about his child and smiling nervously. I don't feel anything towards him, just confusion and somewhat awkwardness. He was wearing a wedding ring when I first started and now occasionally takes it off. My best friend said maybe he likes me but I dunno, it's just so odd. I feel uncomfortable if anything."

Apparently he is nervous around everyone, inc guys, and he asked me about a gift idea for his girl today. Does that mean I'm getting paranoid over nothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok I just posted this the other day:

"I just got a new job in a store and am the only girl there. My manager seems to keep looking at me when I'm looking away, i.e. talking to a customer or doing computer work. He gets all 'jittery' when talking to me, which he only does when it's work related. Otherwise there can be awkward silences. Recently he's started making small talk about his child and smiling nervously. I don't feel anything towards him, just confusion and somewhat awkwardness. He was wearing a wedding ring when I first started and now occasionally takes it off. My best friend said maybe he likes me but I dunno, it's just so odd. I feel uncomfortable if anything."

Apparently he is nervous around everyone, inc guys, and he asked me about a gift idea for his girl today. Does that mean I'm getting paranoid over nothing?
    Don't let it bother you for now he's probably harmless. However, If he starts stalking you, consider calling the police or changing jobs. He sounds like the type of guy who could turn ugly.

ReputationRep:
    If it's known he's abit jittery dont be too worried, but if he starts invading your personal space maybe you should mention it to someone, ask other members of the staff whether they've had similar experiences as well

ReputationRep:
    give it to him. He'd probably promote you to a higher position!

Just think of it as natural fun. What's the harm anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have to be looking at him to know he's looking at you?
    Nah just continue on with your job, but if you begin to feel uncomfortable or anything changes try talking to another member of staff?

ReputationRep:
    So this guy is a bit nervous and you're considering legal action?

ReputationRep:
    You think you saw your manager looking in your general direction? Holy **** ing ****.

This is extremely serious. There is no time to lose. He is intending to rape and kill you and your family. That is the ONLY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION. You must lock him in the cupboard and set fire to the building immediately.

(Original post by Steezy)
    So this guy is a bit nervous and you're considering legal action?
    Lol, no. I was just wondering if he likes me (and hoping not).

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has crushes, even managers!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no. I was just wondering if he likes me (and hoping not).

How old is he? He just sounds like a bit of a sad act

(Original post by Steezy)
    How old is he? He just sounds like a bit of a sad act

Early 30's

ReputationRep:
    Early 30's
    I'm guessing - tiny penis, hates the mother of his child (wife?), hates the fact that he's a manager in a store in his thirties and is in the early stages of a midlife crisis and is looking at younger girls to make him feel adequate.

ReputationRep:
    Well he IS known to be jittery so I guess its cool. Watch your back. He could be one of those odd men

ReputationRep:
    Bad timing...

ReputationRep:
    If he does anything you dont like slap him. ( Across his face) and then rub your hand against his shirt to let all his germs go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.