Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I drink probably 2 bottles of wine a week and numerous shots, i am a 21 year old student, been doing this for 2 years ish. is this really bad for me

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by "numerous". Two bottles of wine + 10 shots is fine. Two bottles of wine + 100 shots is not fine.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not going to be good for you, is it.
    What exactly are you expecting to hear?

ReputationRep:
    you paranoid because this was on the jeremy kyle show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    haha good point :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    lol you think thats student drinking?!
    less than me on a night out, which i do 3-4 times a week
    although tbh, i know im destroying ma liver

ReputationRep:
    Actually, 2 -3 units of alcohol a day is good for you. That's about 2 bottles of wine a week.

ReputationRep:
    My mate drinks that a day so you'll be fine son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Actually, 2 -3 units of alcohol a day is good for you. That's about 2 bottles of wine a week.
    ..And what about the shots?

ReputationRep:
    I probably have a bottle of wine and 5 shots a night, 2 nights a week, a wed and a friday usually. I always feel so **** thenext day though

ReputationRep:
    ..And what about the shots?
    Well like I said above, it depends how many he has. If its only single figures then the net health effects of his weekly alcohol intake is probably still in the black. If its loads and loads then he will have cancelled out the initial benefit and will be slowly damaging his health.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.