Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a tory, I must say Vince Cable is a legend Watch

ReputationRep:
    Although I understand David Cameron's sentiments of bringing change, I do feel "change" has been rushed through. Alot of these changes are brilliant. There is no denying that.
    I worry about the "rush" of it all.

However, more to the point, Vince maybe a threat but he is clever and to do away with him in the coalition would be worrying.

The Time isn't a great fan of Cable...
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/p...cle2851191.ece

However, I stand here with a smile,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/

In the run up to the election, I was concerned with pro Murdoch rhetoric in the party which is why I was very glad of this coalition. Vince Cable declaring war on Murdoch is fantastic.

Personally, I would allow Murdoch to have full control but with strict regulation on impartiality. I wouldn't want a foxification of skynews. To the point, I would personally help grow the BBC commercial services, in particular bbc worldwide, I would allow or create a merger between the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 so that there is a blance to bskyb.

ReputationRep:
    Robert Peston's voice makes my ears bleed. His articles make my arse bleed.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, he is neither mythical nor notorious.

ReputationRep:
    "As a wet Tory".

ReputationRep:
    Whom?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.