Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Take me out Watch

ReputationRep:
    I came across the show take me out this weekend and a guy from my old school was one of the guys! So many girls and I used to think he was so hot when I was back at school but then he's not the type of guy I would go for now, I no longer find him attractive looks or swag wise because my taste in men has changed.

All the women on take me out really liked him so he must still have it in him.

A lot of girls on that show are really pasted in make-up and they all end up looking the same. It's quite a good show though.

Would TSR singletons go onto the show?

ReputationRep:
    I might go on it just to be on TV, not particularly to find a long term partner. It's just a bit of fun, isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    'Let the pork see the scratchings!' - A Paddy classic. :awesome:

No, I wouldn't go on the show, I have dignity m8, despite being from Manchester.

Is the guy you're on about a black guy called Adam? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Some of the girls on it are bang tidy.

It's trash TV of the highest order and I love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I might go on it just to be on TV, not particularly to find a long term partner. It's just a bit of fun, isn't it.
    I reckon most people who go on it are after the holiday lol. I'd only be after the holiday too.

I wouldn't go on it though because I don't like to have myself on show.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to go on it when they advertised on here... but I was a little too late. Looks like a fun show to go on.

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance would I go on it. It's basically public humiliation/ridicule...entertaining, but to watch.

ReputationRep:
    God, I love that show. I probably wouldn't go on there because I'd almost certainly start weeping if any of the fit ones turned their lights off. Then, obviously, the rest of them will turn theirs off. I'd end up with Rhian, or whoever the token ugly one on this series is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Not a chance would I go on it. It's basically public humiliation/ridicule...entertaining, but to watch.
    Not for the women! It gives you the chance to humiliate the men - I'd jump on the chance if I was a lady! Plus, free holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Not for the women! It gives you the chance to humiliate the men - I'd jump on the chance if I was a lady! Plus, free holiday!
    I guess so. Lots of the women come off really badly too though. Maybe most of them really are in it for a free holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    I guess so. Lots of the women come off really badly too though. Maybe most of them really are in it for a free holiday!
    But as long as you hold your own and don't act like a naive chav, it'd be fun!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go on it. The show needs it's first radical muslim, women really do love us despite the majority of the public thinking otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    But as long as you hold your own and don't act like a naive chav, it'd be fun!
    Lol, it's funny because even the women who secure a date can come off badly. That vicki who got a date on the first one came across as really chavy. She also had hair extensions that had gone bad.

Serves the guy right for choosing looks over personality, i think he had been really keen on finding someone after having been single for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Nah it would be public humiliation! but i might if there was a chance i could be taken out by Paddy he's adorable!

ReputationRep:
    How that black guy got 30 lights on i dont know. That show can either shatter your ego or make it bigger.

ReputationRep:
    I think the women are more humiliated. The only one guy who has been humiliated so far is the boxer who didn't secure a date. There's this huge blonde girl who keeps getting humiliated when guys turn her off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by word2yamother)
    How that black guy got 30 lights on i dont know. That show can either shatter your ego or make it bigger.
    He had swag that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    'Let the pork see the scratchings!' - A Paddy classic. :awesome:

No, I wouldn't go on the show, I have dignity m8, despite being from Manchester.

Is the guy you're on about a black guy called Adam? :holmes:
    SNAP!!

gah, my sister watches this and i find paddy so irritating. i guess it's a presenter thing, but he's so patronising and overfamiliar :dontknow:

i'd never start a relationship with a guy who felt the need to advertise himself on a budget dating show. who would ??

ReputationRep:
    Love Paddy. Love the show. Shame all the girls are munters but it adds to ridicule for the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I think the women are more humiliated. The only one guy who has been humiliated so far is the boxer who didn't secure a date. There's this huge blonde girl who keeps getting humiliated when guys turn her off.
    Oh the larger woman with the blonde hair? I feel so sorry for her, she always stays right to the end and then gets rejected by the guys

There are sadly some very desperate ladies on there, you have to feel a bit sorry for them!

Anyone else think they should do one with 30 guys on the lights and a girl taking them out? that would be hilarious! and challenge lots of stereotypes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.