The Student Room Group

The fate of the Middle East?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tempa
You will see my Egyptian Brother.

I am not Egyptian. I just work here. If you knew anything about the Middle East you would realise that Israel achieving that by 2012 was impossible.
Original post by yituool
Minerals, minerals everywhere

This. But shhhh.

HURRRR OILYTOWELHEADSZzz LOLOO!l1 : )
Both the Arabs and the west know there are minerals. It makes economic sense to squeeze oil for all its worth
Reply 23
Blow it all up asap.
Original post by concubine
This. But shhhh.

HURRRR OILYTOWELHEADSZzz LOLOO!l1 : )

Your casual racism only makes you more attractive :wink:
one word, peace
Reply 26
Original post by beefmaster
I am not Egyptian. I just work here. If you knew anything about the Middle East you would realise that Israel achieving that by 2012 was impossible.

If you knew anything about Israel, you would know for Israel it is possible.
Reply 27
Original post by Imperatore
UAE, Qatar, Bahrain and slowly Saudi Arabia are all diversifying their economy so that there's minimum dependence on oil and more on things like financial services, real-estate, tourism, trade and attracting global corporations to settle there because of their appealing tax laws.

Although Dubai doesn't really have much oil left now, in it's boom time the oil only contributed 8% to it's economy so it has demonstrated it can still work without oil. It may not be as prosperous with cash being thrown everywhere at the most extravagant projects but it will do pretty well.

As for Abu Dhabi, well it has the world's largest sovereign fund valued at over $1 TRILLION dollars, which for a city as tiny as it is is just unbelievable. They've diversified their portfolio across the whole world, they have bought huge stakes in just about every recognisable global company there is, from banks like Citi and Barclays to car companies like Volkswagon (inc Porsche) and Mercedes. It's recognised to be the richest city in the world having 13% of the world's oil reserves underneath it.

Qatar is probably in the best shape, it is home to one of the largest liquid natural gas reserves and it's only just started exploiting those reserves not long ago. Richest city in the world in terms of GDP per capita, it's almost the fastest growing country in the world (economy grew by 15% during the economic crisis, the most of any country). They're focusing a lot on becoming a cultural hub and focusing on things like technology, science etc which are all things that progress an economy. Plus it's just won the world cup bid so that will add to it.

In terms of laws, well they have been relaxed and provided you show consideration for the locals it's not really a problem. There's this great level of naivety that even going to Dubai for a mere holiday is risky and you will get put in jail bla bla but this is not the case. Let me put it this way, 80% of Dubai's population are western expats, they're thriving and enjoying life there just fine with no problems. Of course, it's not the most liberal place in the world but they have relaxed things hugely. There's a lot of segregation so the traditional locals stay and hang out on the outskirts whilst the rich westerners live in the city centre...where there's more of a hollywood culture than anything else.

I know because I've lived there as a British expat for over a decade

Excellent post.
by the time the oil runs out we Muslims will have destroyed the west, taken over Africa and will be partnered with the Chinese.
Reply 29
Original post by SomaliMan
by the time the oil runs out we Muslims will have destroyed the west, taken over Africa and will be partnered with the Chinese.

Too bad the Chinese don't care about the religion of peace, which you're not showing.
Original post by No Man
Too bad the Chinese don't care about the religion of peace, which you're not showing.

Lool, I never said the Chinese were gonna help us because of our religion, but because they want to get rid of the west to, US vs Iran, China will be on Irans side trust me.

As for religion of peace, then yes it is, A religion of peace in a time of peace, you think you can invade Muslim countries, sponsor corrupt goverment slaves and then expect us to live like hippies, naaah man. You're gonna get yours.
Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Pakistan and Egypt are all US allies so it would mean that these countries would get dragged in to the "hypothetical" war. Saying this, Pakistan is also allied with the UK and China, so they would have to make their decision is this "war" China is allied with N. Korea, however N. Korea and S.Korea are behaving like little kids. China does not really like sorting out Korea's(both sides) bs
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32

SomaliMan what you fail to take into account is the resistance to your plans. Believe me there is a resistance and it is growing. I can assure you of that. All over the USA, Some parts of south America and also Europe there a small groups of people. Small but growing in number. Who are armed and ready to protect thier homeland. A bit like the situation in Somali don't you think?
I hope they sort there econnomey out without oil we don't want any more comeing over here.
Reply 34
Original post by wildrover
I hope they sort there econnomey out without oil we don't want any more comeing over here.

I thought we did want more coming over here - hence the pipelines, right? I don't think OPEC are sticking to the $70-$80/barrel price range though.
Lool, I never said the Chinese were gonna help us because of our religion, but because they want to get rid of the west to, US vs Iran, China will be on Irans side trust me.

As for religion of peace, then yes it is, A religion of peace in a time of peace, you think you can invade Muslim countries, sponsor corrupt goverment slaves and then expect us to live like hippies, naaah man. You're gonna get yours.

Why did your family beg on their knees for Asylum in a christian/secular country ?

Everybody pay no attention to the ungrateful asylum seeker above.
Original post by MeowKittenMeow
Why did your family beg on their knees for Asylum in a christian/secular country ?

Everybody pay no attention to the ungrateful asylum seeker above.

Ungrateful. Reading history helps you know. Africa/Asia wouldn't be in the mess its now was it not for you and your 'help'.

Putting 2 or sometimes even more reaching in the dozens, ethnic groups/religions together in one country, let them fight while you take the resourcse...let some of them stay in your country to show the world how nice you are...

Its also funny how on thsi forum nobody can refute my words, instead just going for ah he's an asylum seeker lool...day will come no asylum wi'll be given.
Ungrateful. Reading history helps you know. Africa/Asia wouldn't be in the mess its now was it not for you and your 'help'.

Putting 2 or sometimes even more reaching in the dozens, ethnic groups/religions together in one country, let them fight while you take the resourcse...let some of them stay in your country to show the world how nice you are...

Its also funny how on thsi forum nobody can refute my words, instead just going for ah he's an asylum seeker lool...day will come no asylum wi'll be given.

You did'nt answer my question. Your family lived rough in Calais, then they jumped onto a truck and they came to Britain where they begged on their knees for Asylum. My people clothed you and your family, housed you and fed you. Yet you show utter contempt for us. If it were not for my country you would be living in hell. Have some respect please.
Reply 38
Original post by MeowKittenMeow
You did'nt answer my question. Your family lived rough in Calais, then they jumped onto a truck and they came to Britain where they begged on their knees for Asylum. My people clothed you and your family, housed you and fed you. Yet you show utter contempt for us. If it were not for my country you would be living in hell. Have some respect please.

When did he/she say any of this?
It will be better than the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending