The Student Room Group

University dillemma

Hi all,

I applied for uni last year and despite being predicted A's only got one offer from Newcastle. I didn't really expect to be going there and didn't look round untill the last minute. When I went I hated my accommodation and it was too far from home for me, I also wanted to change my course.I was pretty bummed as am a lively social person who really wanted to go to uni and worked hard to get my grades. But I decided to drop out and take a gap year.

So this year I've applied to unis closer to home and a different course that I much preferr! however I have no idea which one to go to. I've got offers from Leeds, Manchester, Lancster and Sheffield.

My first choices are Leeds and Manchester after visiting. However accommodation is a big factor for me, so has anyone got some advice on Leeds? I'd love a social accommodation that's still close to the campus and in nice flats! A lot of my friends and my boyfriends currently in Leeds and after visiting I love it, another problem with Newcastle was not knowing anyone, as it's nice to know theres someone there! So leeds is pretty much perfect.

My parents are keen for me to go to Manchester and live at home after the uni disaster this year. I've got a lot to do at home as coach and run a cheerleading club which I love doing, but I still want the uni experience. I feel I wont get this living at home and I love sports and going outwith friends so i'm scared i'll miss out not being in uni accommodation!

Any advice would be much appreciated as Im very very confused!

:frown::confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending