Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could I go from this to this by the time I'm 18? [pics] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I don't want to be big, I just don't want to look out of shape like I currently do. Ideally, I want to be like Gethin Jones (spoiler) - he isn't ridiculously toned and though he isn't 'big', he is by no means small!

Three years ago I lost 3 stone and I've just bumbled about at 11st 10lbs - Now I just want to get a bit of tone!
    Do you reckon I could go from what I am now (attatched) with a bit of excess flab around my stomach and chest, to Gethin's physique before the beginning of May, and what would you reccommend in order to such a thing?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Of course its possible; if you wanted to be ripped that would take total training. If you're flabby you've got to do resistance training and also HIIT training

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom181)
    Not a chance.
    Not going to expand on that?

ReputationRep:
    Jack wills, this will not end well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Jack wills, this will not end well.
    Can't we put aside choice of underwear for 5 minutes and discuss the topic at hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    Not going to expand on that?
    With good genetics, you'd need to bulk for a year-2 years, then cut for another 3-4 months, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    With good genetics, you'd need to bulk for a year-2 years, then cut for another 3-4 months, IMO.
    He's not that big though is he? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    He's adding definition not becoming the Incredible Hulk

ReputationRep:
    your body looks like a hairier version of harry potter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    To do that he has to add muscle mass and reduce bodyfat, he is much slighter than the target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    He's not that big though is he? :p:
    You're underestimating how much mass that guy has and overestimating how much mass the average trainee can add in a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    You're underestimating how much mass that guy has and overestimating how much mass the average trainee can add in a year.
    Fair enough

I'll aim lower then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    This, guys before they lift think it takes a few months to get a decent body, it takes a lot longer otherwise everyone who goes to the gym would have arms like lou ferrigno

ReputationRep:
    If you work hard enough and have the drive, then I see no reason why not. I have a friend who's recently made a similar transformation. He's very popular now.. :sexface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.