Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you like about the former British Empire? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What makes you proud of it? Behind each thread, there is a negger waiting for doing the dirty work.

ReputationRep:
    Not much. It's not like it has anything to do with me and we shouldn't be proud of such an oppressive thing.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, expect the fact that India will become a more powerful country soon, despite the UK ruling it for hundreds of years lol.

ReputationRep:
    You can't really be proud of something which is (In my opinion) so morally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    That it doesn't exist any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    That it doesn't exist any more.
    Beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not proud of it, other then broadening the number of countries that can speak English.

ReputationRep:
    How they remained to be the greatest empire ever, CONSIDERING the fact they were an island nation, meaning they could have got attacked easily saw from the french empire, spanish empire or even up North from the likes of the strong empires of Norway or Sweden, as I admire their longitevity of reign not to mention they had at one opint 1/3 of the world which indeed is something quite special!!!

Another thing being I liked was the fact and the main reason was they way they taught their colonies English, as it certainly has benefited these nations such as South africa, Zimbabwe, Guyana and even the Sub continent!

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact that Britain colonised a lot of the world and as a consequence a lot of the world is now colonising Britain

They helped with the introduction of exotic food and spices.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by the greatest)
      How they remained to be the greatest empire ever, CONSIDERING the fact they were an island nation, meaning they could have got attacked easily saw from the french empire, spanish empire or even up North from the likes of the strong empires of Norway or Sweden, as I admire their longitevity of reign not to mention they had at one opint 1/3 of the world which indeed is something quite special!!!

Another thing being I liked was the fact and the main reason was they way they taught their colonies English, as it certainly has benefited these nations such as South africa, Zimbabwe, Guyana and even the Sub continent!
      Your logic there can be summarized in "The end justifies the means."

The fact that it formed the largest empire in history despite the fact we are such a small island.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by zeke53in)
        I like the fact that Britain colonised a lot of the world and as a consequence a lot of the world is now colonising Britain
        Only a stupid person would neg a critical comment on such a thing.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by zeke53in)
        This.
        (I would not have put it better. Whenever I can rep you I will. )

ReputationRep:
        The revolution in technology that only an empire could fuel/fund.

ReputationRep:
        I bet all the haters would suck Rome's (or the Spanish Empire's, or any other's) ****.

That and evidently some of you know **** all about the British Empire.

****ing morons.

ReputationRep:
        Out and down in the colonies, life can be indulged, life and sensuality in all its forms, with no harm done to the Metropolis, nothing to soil those cathedrals, white marble statues, noble thoughts.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by concubine)
        I bet all the haters would suck Rome's (or the Spanish Empire's, or any other's) ****.

That and evidently some of you know **** all about the British Empire.

****ing morons.
        This.

Every other Empire and superpower in history was great apart from ours, which was EVIL!

ReputationRep:
        Oof, don't ask that, the TSR Communist Society will descend on the thread with their left wing hatred of anything British :mad:

ReputationRep:
        The biggest and greatest empire of all time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.