Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Americans on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Are there any? Are there any people on TSR other than from Britain? x

ReputationRep:
    Yes there are. Check the international Sub-forum.

ReputationRep:
    There's a fair few, yep.

ReputationRep:
    Im an American I havent even been to england

ReputationRep:
    I'm an American and I've never been to Britain, either. But it does fascinate me in a lot of ways. I like to hear opinions from nationalities that are different from my own.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Sadly, yes.
    Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Well techincally I'm not American, well I am, but I'm also not. (Don't worry, I confuse myself at times).

I was born in Britain, to an English dad and American mom, and I have dual UK-US citizenship.

We moved here to the States when I was 13, so as I have US citizenship, I'm classified as American here in the USA. When I'm in the UK, I'm British.

Thus I am both American and British.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    :wavey:

Well techincally I'm not American, well I am, but I'm also not. (Don't worry, I confuse myself at times).

I was born in Britain, to an English dad and American mom, and I have dual UK-US citizenship.

We moved here to the States when I was 13, so as I have US citizenship, I'm classified as American here in the USA. When I'm in the UK, I'm British.

Thus I am both American and British.
    Not a stalker, haha, but I remember you from the American thread last year. Just a random tidbit of info for you. Seriously, though, that thread helped me a lot when applying to unis this year! We've got a new one this year, but that one was fabulous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Sadly, yes.
    lol arent you the idiot little girl that hate us and our slang.
    Anyway although ive been in GB for nearly ten years, i still class myself as an american.
    Born there and still have my passport :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Not a stalker, haha, but I remember you from the American thread last year. Just a random tidbit of info for you. Seriously, though, that thread helped me a lot when applying to unis this year! We've got a new one this year, but that one was fabulous.
    I remember the thread and you.

I'm staying in the US now, I've decided not to return to the UK for university, because when I moved back to England this summer I didn't feel like I belonged there any more.

I'm off to Haverford College in the Fall, having applied for early decision, I found out on the 15 December that I got accepted. Hurrah!

Where are you at now?

ReputationRep:

I'm staying in the US now, I've decided not to return to the UK for university, because when I moved back to England this summer I didn't feel like I belonged there any more.

I'm off to Haverford College in the Fall, having applied for early decision, I found out on the 15 December that I got accepted. Hurrah!

Where are you at now?
    Not cool!!!. Why did your fine ass just neg me for?

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes think I'm American, but then I use the scales, write a logical sentence and eat something that isn't a burger for tea.

ReputationRep:

Where are you at now?
    Oh, really? Sorry about that! But congrats on the ED acceptance! That's really exciting.

Oh, I was still a junior last year. Went through the UCAS process this year!

Now I'm stuck between going to Edinburgh and UCL. If something happens and my visa goes belly-up or something, I've got a back-up at U-Wisconsin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Not cool!!!. Why did your fine ass just neg me for?
    I didn't neg you, or at least I don't think I did, perhaps I clicked on it by accident. I'm very clumsy!

If I did neg you, it was only by accident, I can assure you.

I really need to be less clumsy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    I sometimes think I'm American, but then I use the scales, write a logical sentence and eat something that isn't a burger for tea.
    I hate burgers. In fact, all forms of fast food. :boring: Gotta love stereotypes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Oh, really? Sorry about that! But congrats on the ED acceptance! That's really exciting.

Oh, I was still a junior last year. Went through the UCAS process this year!

Now I'm stuck between going to Edinburgh and UCL. If something happens and my visa goes belly-up or something, I've got a back-up at U-Wisconsin.
    Oh wow - Edinburgh and UCL - both great universities.

I'd be more swayed be Edinburgh, as I think it's a nicer city, I'm not a big fan of London.

Either way though, you can't go wrong at either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    Yes because all Americans are like that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow - Edinburgh and UCL - both great universities.

I'd be more swayed be Edinburgh, as I think it's a nicer city, I'm not a big fan of London.

Either way though, you can't go wrong at either.
    Thanks! Tbh, I didn't expect an offer from UCL. AT ALL. So, major shocker. But I'm slightly more swayed to Edinburgh, as well. Cleaner city, I think. I'll be visiting in Feb. though, so we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't neg you, or at least I don't think I did, perhaps I clicked on it by accident. I'm very clumsy!

If I did neg you, it was only by accident, I can assure you.

I really need to be less clumsy!
    You can always pos rep me you know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.