Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I realize this issue has been discussed on the Misfits thread but I just wanted to draw attention to it because I haven't heard any reaaaally convincing theories about it yet.

So here are the 'plot holes':

a) How does Simon know about his future when Curtis rewound time so the whole of episode 6 when Alisha told him about it, never happened? I know people have suggested that Alisha might have told him sometime between ep 6 and 7, but it seems unlikely that she would considering future Simon had told her never to reveal the truth to present Simon. Also I think the writers would make sure to show the scene where she told him, and not just expect us to assume that it had happened.

b) Why does future Simon have a clip of the Misfits on TV when they get famous, when that future has been erased thanks to Curtis rewinding time?

I guess there is also the possibility that one or both of these are actually mistakes made by the writers. Hope not though, I would think the show is far too clever to slip up like that.

Your opinions? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    to be fair, as soon as you start including time travel in a story, ****s gonna get complicated haha

ReputationRep:
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.

ReputationRep:
    You're missing the plot hole where people dont' get completely unrelated superpowers from lightning, they actually just die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
    to be fair, as soon as you start including time travel in a story, ****s gonna get complicated haha
    true. plus its an accepted fact in physics that although "travelling" forward in time is theoretically possible, time-travelling backwards is not.

and i dont see people too worried about that loophole in misfits, heroes, etc.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that it's TV rather than real life probably explains this. It's entertainment, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1990)
    I realize this issue has been discussed on the Misfits thread but I just wanted to draw attention to it because I haven't heard any reaaaally convincing theories about it yet.

a) How does Simon know about his future when Curtis rewound time so the whole of episode 6 when Alisha told him about it, never happened? I know people have suggested that Alisha might have told him sometime between ep 6 and 7, but it seems unlikely that she would considering future Simon had told her never to reveal the truth to present Simon. Also I think the writers would make sure to show the scene where she told him, and not just expect us to assume that it had happened.

b) Why does future Simon have a clip of the Misfits on TV when they get famous, when that future has been erased thanks to Curtis rewinding time?

I guess there is also the possibility that one or both of these are actually mistakes made by the writers. Hope not though, I would think the show is far too clever to slip up like that.

The second bit confused me aswell but I was thinking maybe when future Simon was saying "I won't let it happen" and Alisha asks if she's going to die, maybe Alisha died by the Game man. The next bit happened without Alisha so he never found out about who he really was and never stabbed himself so that Curtis would rewind time and everyone died then he became badman and went back to save them haha. I think that i'm thinking too much into that haha

ReputationRep:
    The first one isn't a plot hole. It is made clear in the Christmas episode that Alisha has told Simon at some point in the three months that have passed, but there would be no point showing it again since it would be likely to be similar to the scene in the previous episode.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by anonymous1990)

A) What would be the point of the writers including that scene as we already saw how Simon would react?

B) Time travel is confusing, messing with time = messy time shizzle =CONFUSION = SHHH AND ENJOY THEY SHOW =D

ReputationRep:
    I just assume that Alisha has told him that he's actually Superhoodie. The christmas Special was set 3 months after the second series, so that's plenty of time for the secret to get out.

Regarding your second point, Future Simon came back from the future somehow (possibly gaining the time travel ability from someone else?), so maybe we can assume that in another version of the future they all became famous again, a version that Simon has witnessed and managed to retrieve a video from.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand the first part, as for the second in the episode that interview was never shown that Alisha saw in Future Simon's flat so I can only assume that it either never happened because of altered events or that it is yet to come. If it is the second, however, she is still wearing the community service jumpsuit so that version wouldn't make sense unless she reoffends at some point.

As for everything else, I'm sure things will become apparent in the next series as there are probably many things that shift around especially if they're all getting new powers. Some other forum was saying that it didn't make sense how Future Simon could touch Alisha when her power hadn't yet been removed and time travel although one or both of those things may not be due to his own abilities but because "things are different in the future". I guess we will have to wait and see
    I just hope that something alters so that Simon doesn't have to go back in time and die

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.