Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who have never had any attentation at all. How do you cope? Watch

Announcements

In a society which constantly places a high emphasis on find a partner and a "right" partner for that matter. What do people fell like who never had any romantic attention at all, I mean not going on any dates, having no kisses, not even hearing that a person fancies them. Going through life as a teenager and hearing about different people hooking up, having break ups, claiming to be in love and even reading about relationships on this site, does it make you fell left out, angry, bitter?

I'm now past my 18th birthday and can safely say have had no attention from the opposite sex at all, but I' ve lead quite a different life from most people up to this point some it really doesn’t upset me.

So I was just wondering what does it fell like for other people, are you afraid if no one has found you attractive no one ever will and you will just have to settle for the ugliest person you can find, or are you resentful to your own self for not putting your self in a situation with more opportunities?

ReputationRep:
    Well I've gotten some attention now but if you'd asked me last week I'd have said it never bothered me. To be honest I'm not exactly sure why, I've just been totally content without it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Well I've gotten some attention now but if you'd asked me last week I'd have said it never bothered me. To be honest I'm not exactly sure why, I've just been totally content without it.
    Well that quite odd most peopel on TSR are constatnly worried as to how many kisses and bf/gfs they have had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    Well that quite odd most peopel on TSR are constatnly worried as to how many kisses and bf/gfs they have had
    anon fail?

Yes I know...many here seem to worry quite a bit. I suppose there are a number of factors really, only really have female friends so I don't crave female attention as much as some I don't think as we're quite affectionate. I'm also quite absorbed in my hobbies and I guess it's just never been number one on the priorities list..well I guess I don't have much of a list bar doing what makes me content and making sure people are happy.

ReputationRep:
    they cope with the knowledge that they can spell better than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In a society which constantly places a high emphasis on find a partner and a "right" partner for that matter. What do people fell like who never had any romantic attention at all, I mean not going on any dates, having no kisses, not even hearing that a person fancies them. Going through life as a teenager and hearing about different people hooking up, having break ups, claiming to be in love and even reading about relationships on this site, does it make you fell left out, angry, bitter?

I'm now past my 18th birthday and can safely say have had no attention from the opposite sex at all, but I' ve lead quite a different life from most people up to this point some it really doesn’t upset me.

So I was just wondering what does it fell like for other people, are you afraid if no one has found you attractive no one ever will and you will just have to settle for the ugliest person you can find, or are you resentful to your own self for not putting your self in a situation with more opportunities?
    :dontknow: i definitely USED to mind when i was like 15. but if you look at it all in context- i could focus all my energy on staying awake in class and getting excellent GCSEs, doing well (as in, national-team well) in the sports stuff i was into- you're probably a lot better off than you think you are!

i'll admit i have now discovered contact lenses/skimpy dresses and having started 6th form, realised the 'problem' was not me but the sort of losers i went to high school with... but i'm thankful the experience of being an unloveable tweenage geek has made me so much more open minded and less shallow

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'm pretty happy with my right hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    they cope with the knowledge that they can spell better than you
    Ah, you beat me to it, now you are going to soak up all the rep

I am 20 know and have never had any attention etc, no boyfriend, I don't even really have any male friends. when I was younger I guess it got to me but I am used to it know and have come to terms with it.
    All my other friends have had boyfriends male attention etc, and yes I am the person they turn to and I listen to there stories I here of every crush, every break up, every oh do you think he likes me :rolleyes: lol!

I actually look forward to there stories is that sad? Because well frankly those things are never going to happen to me so its nice to here them happening to others!

You get on with life, but hey it doesn't stop day dreaming I am entitled to that much I think!

ReputationRep:
    I am 20 know and have never had any attention etc, no boyfriend, I don't even really have any male friends. when I was younger I guess it got to me but I am used to it know and have come to terms with it.
    All my other friends have had boyfriends male attention etc, and yes I am the person they turn to and I listen to there stories I here of every crush, every break up, every oh do you think he likes me :rolleyes: lol!

I actually look forward to there stories is that sad? Because well frankly those things are never going to happen to me so its nice to here them happening to others!

You get on with life, but hey it doesn't stop day dreaming I am entitled to that much I think!
    This is because you are ugly. There is no other reason to account for a female lacking in male attention.

Have a bad day now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    :dontknow: i definitely USED to mind when i was like 15. but if you look at it all in context- i could focus all my energy on staying awake in class and getting excellent GCSEs, doing well (as in, national-team well) in the sports stuff i was into- you're probably a lot better off than you think you are!

i'll admit i have now discovered contact lenses/skimpy dresses and having started 6th form, realised the 'problem' was not me but the sort of losers i went to high school with... but i'm thankful the experience of being an unloveable tweenage geek has made me so much more open minded and less shallow
    Yes even at 15 you were worries that only what 2-3 after you avarage teenage starts to date, I'm talking about people who are 17-18 + and have never had any one display any intest in them, by that age most people you know will have had some attention and I'm just wondering what does that feel like esspecially when were constanly told "love" (what ever that is) can only be found with a paticular person and yet their are people who will possiblly never have a relationship.

I crave affection constantly, it's not really having a boyfriend, but all the cuddling, lovey duvvy stuff is what I crave..

ReputationRep:
    I never got any attention while i was at school. I was this fat unattractive girl. I started getting attention and dating at uni.

I personally don't like attention, the less the better. I do like it when I fancy the person though. I haven't fancied anyone in ages though .

ReputationRep:

Shallow much? You think people who are typically 'ugly' in society don't deserve the best from relationships too?

To answer your question, there are always hoovers :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What is attentation?

ReputationRep:
    They fight to become a TSR mod.

story of my life I cant cope with it i am so upset about it. Let alone a guy asking me out i've never had any guy call me pretty or even be friends with me
    I'm 17 your age too.
    I am afraid that i will never live these feelings and yh i will settle with the first person that i can trust and loves me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    Yes even at 15 you were worries that only what 2-3 after you avarage teenage starts to date, I'm talking about people who are 17-18 + and have never had any one display any intest in them, by that age most people you know will have had some attention and I'm just wondering what does that feel like esspecially when were constanly told "love" (what ever that is) can only be found with a paticular person and yet their are people who will possiblly never have a relationship.
    yo, just adding my two cents :rolleyes: i'll admit i'm not the exact person you're addressing this thread to but i wanted to point out the silver lining

when you're 15, being 3 years 'behind' everybody else does feel pretty sh*t. i used to get bullied so perhaps the effect was multiplied by the fact other people constantly told me i was probably going to die alone with lots of cats blahblahblah

it's important for everyone reading this to remember they've probably got another 60 years or so left to live, and during that time they will almost certainly start mixing in more relationship-favourable social circles, or become less oblivious to subtle signals they might already be getting :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Shallow much? You think people who are typically 'ugly' in society don't deserve the best from relationships too?

To answer your question, there are always hoovers :eek:
    No, I think everyone should have a quality of relationship their happy with, but all I was saying was do people who dont get any attention ever come to the conclution that their really ugly and thus to find a partner their also going to have to settle for some who is, becuase come on do you ever see some score with some much better looking then them. Probably not. And as far as the quality of a person relatationship is conidered yes an ugly couple can work at it and have a good relattioship. But come on millions of years of evloution has made sure were only infatuated with the beaiutful, two good looking people in a relationship on a subconcious level will relase the high mate value of their partner and thus will probably find it easier to fall in love and develop a better relationship. I'm not saying ugly people cant have love. I'm saying its just harder for them even when in a relationship. That not fair, right, or just but thats how things work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    What is attentation?
    When some displays a romantic intrest in a person

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.