Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter actress beaten after not dating Muslim Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-Muslim.html

I know it's the Daily Mail but still. Your thoughts? I guess she should have dated a pure blood...

EDIT: neg rep? really??

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's stupid and am glad I haven't been raised in such a backward family environment. Lol at pure blood though. HAr HAr.

ReputationRep:
    Damn muggles.

ReputationRep:
    Where's Dumbledore's Army when you need them? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Couldnt load the page in the link, but from the title in the homepage, maybe its the dating that the family has a problem with, whether muslim or not.

ReputationRep:
    Should have used Avada Kedavra .

ReputationRep:
    Should beat her for dating full stop

ReputationRep:
    Filthy mugblood *imitates Malfoy's voice*

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Lolz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    How about the family set up a marriage instead of beating her and if she refused the offer, then separate her from their lives if they fundamentally disagree?

Not so hard thinking rationally.
    Inb4 anyone criticises Islam omgdz dese muzzies 11!!!11, I'd suggest you look at Khap Panchayats (non-Islamic).

http://news.oneindia.in/cj/dipin-d/2...ing-india.html

ReputationRep:
    She should have used the expelliarmus charm to defend herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Shouldn't beat her full stop.

I prefer to find out what's going on and find out the solution than beating her and ask question later

ReputationRep:
    *thinks of witty Potter related joke*

I can't...help me out guys?

ReputationRep:
    Nah she shouldn't be dating anyway, so it warrants a beating!

ReputationRep:
    Mostly my thoughts are why didn't you call the thread

Harry potter actress battered for dating non muslim... which would have been a whole lot clearer.

it's quite a common situation in certain *ahem* poorly integrating religious faith communities that in some cases results in murder. in this case it's getting a bit of media coverage cos it involves a celebrity, usually it's local news only (if that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamiFFXIII)
    Nah she shouldn't be dating anyway, so it warrants a beating!
    What.

ReputationRep:
    Lolwut, this was in a local newspaper ages ago. In the local paper, which would probably be a bit more reliable than TDM even, her family THREATENED her, didn't beat her :facepalm: And she ran away and told the police but then later wanted to drop the assault charges.

Actually, OP, have you even read it yourself?

Police were called and her father, Abul Azad, 54, and brother, Ashraf, 28, were arrested and charged with making threats to kill her. The actress’s brother was also charged with assault.
    She fled to London and later claimed she could not understand her father’s heavy Bengali accent and may have misheard what he said.
    It was VERBAL assault - which is bad enough but nonetheless there are no signs of her being beaten. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Lolwut, this was in a local newspaper ages ago. In the local paper, which would probably be a bit more reliable than TDM even, her family THREATENED her, didn't beat her :facepalm: And she ran away and told the police but then later wanted to drop the assault charges.

Actually, OP, have you even read it yourself?

It was VERBAL assault - which is bad enough but nonetheless there are no signs of her being beaten. :rolleyes:
    Omg those two quotes make it :facepalm: worthy....I'm not surprised it's made it into the daily mail. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Omg those two quotes make it :facepalm: worthy....I'm not surprised it's made it into the daily mail. :p:
    Make what :facepalm:-worthy? My post, the whole situation, her, the article, the case?! Lol :o:

It happened so long ago and she wasn't even beaten like the title claims lol :sigh: such a fail DM, once again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.